since 5th spawn eggs infertile not had trapping ????

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

since 5th spawn eggs infertile not had trapping ????

Post by craigzeb »

since i had my 5th spawn and then found all eggs kicked out all clear poss infertile i have not had a trapping or anything since anyone know what could have gone wrong ??????????? not sure if it was my usual pair or another female ??????
Stevie.K
Mentally Certified!

Re: since 5th spawn eggs infertile not had trapping ????

Post by Stevie.K »

Hi Craig,
I have had numerous failed spawns over the years probably 30+ failed over the years from proven breeders that have had no problems before & I have never known the reason & been very frustrating, eggs where never kicked out always looked after for a few days but then eaten. :(
3 separate breeding tanks that had 3 or 4 failed spawns over the last 12 months have just had success & resulted in 3 successful spawns over the last few months & a good few Zebby fry. :D
Hopefully things will work out ok for you soon. :wink:
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

cheers mate had 6th trapping on fri night have eggs in cave now male has left cave and got my other male trapped in cave been trying to shake um out wont budge silly sod should be looking after the eggs not goin out to other caves ???
Bugsy
Forum Follower

Post by Bugsy »

Just a question about this, is it alright to remove the eggs from the nest and rear them yourself in a seperate tank?
craigzeb
Obsessed!!

Post by craigzeb »

you could do yes as long as its cycled properly and no other fish in to eat them me myself leave them in the tank with my adults i have about 40+ babies in with 9 adults and i have no problems they are all growing up nicely. if you do move them you will need to put a airstone in with them to keepnthem clean thats why i leave mine with the male as he does all the good work then they leave his cave a fend for themselves and have done great
mikeyboy31175
Forum Follower

Post by mikeyboy31175 »

hi mate only going of what i know but i think its best to seperate of a pairto spawn once i id the match may hold them back for a bit but seem to do better from the crowd?
mikeyboy31175
Forum Follower

Post by mikeyboy31175 »

as soon as i id a pair i would set them up in there own pad even if i used a screen to split tank worked for me
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

There are always multiple approaches to any issue. I never try op pair spawn Hypans. I usually have 2 or 3 males spawning in a tank where there aree 10 - 12 adults. And there are usually several different females involved as well.

Some folks believe that the hormones released pre/during spawning can be a trigger to other fish in the tank. In the end, however, we all will do what seems to work best in our set-ups. There is no one single method that is best.
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.