feeding cyclop-eeze

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

dodgefreak8

feeding cyclop-eeze

Post by dodgefreak8 »

hey everyone I am going to be joining the zebra family really soon and I am wondering, why don't more of you guys feed cyclop-eeze? I just picked some up because thats what my greeder is feeding my fry and this stuff seems to be a very healthy food choice. it is high in protein and has a fair amount of other needed stuff. way more that baby brine shrimp or other frozen foods. is there some danger to feeding this food or is it just its difficulty in finding it that stops most of you? I also plan to feed bbs and daphnia are these good fry choises? thanks
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Hi Dodgefreak,

We aren't able to get the particular small creatures that the fry eat in old river Xingu, so we will always be offering alternatives. So In my opinion there are no rules about what food you should offer.

Pay attention that:
- the food is small enough to be eaten by the fry
- the food is free from possible germs (it is better not to use food from the wild)
- the food is free from predators and parasites
- the fry is able to eat it from the bottom (dafnia and cyclops spend a lot of time swimming above the bottom)
- observe well if the fry are actually eating

Good luck