I'm getting married!!..Miami, Fl, USA

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Dan D' Man
Groupie

I'm getting married!!..Miami, Fl, USA

Post by Dan D' Man »

. :oops: ...yes, yes...at 52, I will give this wedding business another shot & the groom pays for the wedding bills. So, sadly; I must part with a colony of 6 wild-caught Zebras. I'm 90% sure there is not one sibling in the group. The group has 3 adults (3-3.5 inches) and 3 sub-adults (1.75- 2.75 inches). Although I'm no sexing expert, it looks like a 3/3 or 4/2 female-heavy group. They might be mating already, since 2 of them seem very territorial about their respective caves. Hopefully I'll get some time to post pics this weekend. They are all in prime condition, very healthy & lively. I will sell all 6 as a colony only, for $1200 and would really like a local pick-up or I will deliver within a 200 mile radius of Miami, Florida. I've never shipped fish before & guess I'm chicken about it, but if I can't find any locals, that's what I will do. Thanks. Dan
NeoCult
Mentally Certified!

Post by NeoCult »

Get a divorce lol keep the fish :twisted: heh good luck m8 hope all goes well and that you get the zebs good home
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Unfortunately a little far for me to travel... but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

get them breeding and use the proceeds for the wedding :)

Congratulations - When are you getting married?

Hang on to them for as log as possible - weddings dont happen overnight!
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Congratulations Dan! :D But... why do you have to sell them because you get married? Tell your wife this is your babies! She'll understand :lol:

Best of luck!
Dan D' Man
Groupie

Post by Dan D' Man »

Thanks everybody for the good wishes, but I'm getting married August 6 & I don't think I'll have any fries to sell by then! My consolation thought is that I will still have other 7 growing Zebras left that are growing nicely. My fiancee didn't wanted me to sell them, but I need $$ to buy her a nice wedding ring. I guess love is stupid. :roll:
Jenny
Obsessed!!

Post by Jenny »

Congratulations - ain't love grand only she'll have strong competition :D
wandj
Obsessed!!

Post by wandj »

It's very nice to hear that she isn't forcing or guilt-tripping you into selling them. I am subtle enough to say that if she did, she is selfish and not the right woman. So very good to hear this is your choice.

I know I would punt my man if he told me to sell or get rid of something I cared about or is my hobby.....that is just plain selfish and disrespectful.

Many marriages fall apart 10 or 20 years later because there is always that lack of respect. How many times have you heard about the "woman" getting her man to sell his beloved motorcycle or muscle car? (My brother in law had a woman like that and he sold a mopar and a motorcycle because of her. And ya....they divorced on very bitter terms 20 years later...after she made his life a living hell for many years)

So tell your lady she has class and congratulations!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. :D

Sorry to hear that you have to part with the zebs. :( Is there anything else you could sell instead?

It must be love if your selling the zebs especially if your fiance has said you don't have to.

I wish you the very best of luck mate. :D

Adam
Last edited by Adam on Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

Congratulations!! :D too bad for the zebs...
Cute ^_^
Dan D' Man
Groupie

Post by Dan D' Man »

Hey people...it's not like the end of the world, or the end of the Z's for me...I'm still keeping 7 :lol: ; it is just a question of priorities. My fiancee doesn't know I got them up for sale, so this is entirely my decision. Maybe that's why I'm doing it...she is the most un-demanding person I've ever met & I want to give her the best wedding I can...and yes, I'm selling a bunch of other things at eBay too!
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

Dan that is so sweet of you!! :D your fiancee is lucky!
Cute ^_^