Positive Buying Experience

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

zcat
Groupie

Positive Buying Experience

Post by zcat »

Hi all :)

I just wanted to share with you a positive zebby buying experience. After all the scams and rip-offs out there it's good to know that there are real, honest zebby breeders out there.

I recently received 3 lil' fat healthy zebbys from Rich (aka Fishnut2) here in the US and I couldn't be happier. He kept in touch each step of the way and followed up with me to make sure the babies had settled in okay. My little guys are doing great.

Right now his zebras are only available to folks in the US. His e-mail addy is GETRICHQUICK911@aol.com. Tell him that Cory sent ya......maybe I'll get a bonus zebby or something! Heeheehee :)
>^..^<

Cory
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

Wow lucky you! Too bad I'm living in Europe :(
Cute ^_^
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi zcat and congrats on the new zebbys, I hope that they are settling in well and eating you out of house. :lol:

Lied, I'm pretty sure that Sven T a member on this forum had some zebra babies up for sale recently and they were going for only 70 euros each. I saw his advert on Planet Catfish, you might want to drop him a PM if you are interested. Mind you at that sort of price he may not have many left if any.

Adam
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Hi Cory,

How are the other zebras doing? Are they growing well for you?

Ken
zcat
Groupie

Post by zcat »

Hi Ken :)

Yes I should have mentioned your zebbys too! :oops: I just wasn't sure if you wanted publicity or not :)

They are all growing well! In fact I was just cleaning the tank last night and all the deco stuff was out so I could see them all in plain sight. I was really surprised how they've grown. Two in particular have had quite a growth spurt. Of course, I rarely see them eat so I'm always worried but apparently they are doing just fine :D They all still hang out together in one large rock crevice. They have plently of other rock areas but they prefer to be together. I've tried to take pics because they are so cute all crammed in there together but the pics don't turn out.

Have you fattened Blue up? Is he still the terror of the tank?

KenW wrote:Hi Cory,

How are the other zebras doing? Are they growing well for you?

Ken
>^..^<

Cory
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

That's great. I'm glad they are doing so well. :D :D :D

Blue eye is doing very good. I'm trying to fatten him up. He eats and eats and eats but don't seem to get fat but he looks healthy and active. I think all the other tank mates are use to him and have learned to avoid him. Everything seems peaceful.
Adam

Post by Adam »

KenW,

Blue eye wouldn't happen to be Panaque Cochliodon by any chance. :shock: If so PLEASE could you post some pictures of him.

Thanks.

Adam
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Hi Adam,

Yes, Blue is a Panaque Cochliodon. Here are a few picture I took this evening. Sorry for the dirty glass. Enjoy.

Ken
Adam

Post by Adam »

Many thanks Ken, I can now go to bed a happy man. :lol:

How has he been with the other tank occupants? I've heard that they can be extremely aggressive, the only time I saw one was a fella that had been traded in as he had killed a few of his tank mates and left the others severely mangled. :shock:

He's beautiful, good luck with him :D

Adam
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Hi Adam,

Blue is very aggressive. He chases anything that gets to close to him. Luckily I have a lot of slate and drift wood that provide hiding places for the other plecos. All other plecos are much smaller and are able to find caves for hiding. there doesn't seem to be any problems at the moment. Everyone has learn to avoid him.

Ken
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi KenW

You're little Blue eyed monter has brought out the little green eyed monster in myself! This fish has been on my wish list for some time, but I fear I will never be able to justify the cost.....or justify to my wife why i want to set up ANOTHER tank!!

How long have you had him? There is a guy selling one in the UK at present, and his last offer was £750..which he refused!!! :shock:

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Hi Rob,

I've had blue eye for approx. 2 months now. I was lucky. I traded several baby zebras for him from a member. Now I need to find a female to try to breed them. It maybe harder to find a female but I have several friends looking for me. :wink:

Ken
zcat
Groupie

Post by zcat »

That's me. I was the "trader" :)

I did not have the means to keep blue, i.e. - money for a bigger tank or for future partners to attempt breeding. So Blue now has a great home and I am a happy zebby owner!
>^..^<

Cory
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Zcat

Sounds like you both done well!!! Good luck to you. I'm still jealous :oops:

He looks like a fantastic specimen, so you have obviously both done the fish proud!! :lol:
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Thanks Rob,

I am definitely a happy blue eye owner, thanks to Cory. Now I just need to find a mate. Besides blue I'm also a very happy zebra owner.

Ken