Hi from a pleco fan...

Hmmm...what else can I say!
smithrc

Hi from a pleco fan...

Post by smithrc »

Hi.

Just thought i would introduce myself as I'm about to do something I hate... Join up and try to sell something :?

I read the forum regularly (along with Planet catfish and other :))
and I'm, sure I've signed up in the past :?:

Anyway - I'm into plecs and more importantly I have been looking for reasonable priced Zebras for about 18 months (is there such a thing any more).

I have found a source of L173 pattern varients and want to gauge interest.
- At least it wont be my first post now :oops:
andyj
Groupie

Post by andyj »

Hiya mate,

Good to see you decided to see sense and join on here !!! ;)

Hopefully the guys on here won't give you too much of a hard time !!! ;)

See ya in a couple of weeks,

Andy
andyj
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Cheers Andy - That was quick.

I'll find out that price for the L134s and/ or L333s for you as soon as I can.
(the guy is off work this afterrnoon)
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi smithrc,

Wellcome.
Regarding L173 variants. Maybe an idea to put your L173 "advert" under sales and wants , where it will be immediately noticed. Would be good to have some pics.
I recently ordered some fish labelled L173 which were on a wholesalers list. When they came in at the LFS they were similar to L187/L236

Regards,
Des.
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Des wrote:Hi smithrc,

Wellcome.
Regarding L173 variants. Maybe an idea to put your L173 "advert" under sales and wants , where it will be immediately noticed. Would be good to have some pics.
I recently ordered some fish labelled L173 which were on a wholesalers list. When they came in at the LFS they were similar to L187/L236

Regards,
Des.
Already there (just after i posted this - I didnt want it to be my first post :? )

The fish on the list are listed as L173 Zebra Peckoltia. so hopefully they will be the real items. however if they are not - I'm doing it through a store that have said that if they are not i dont have to have them :)

It'd be a bugger to pay for them only to fine fish that are actually worth 1/3 of what i've paid for them :?

p.s. I've just PM'd you back ;)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi SmithRC

Just had a look at your photos on your website, some very nice fish indeed!!

Hope you find all the info you need, and enjoy the forum!!

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

Rob wrote:Hi SmithRC

Just had a look at your photos on your website, some very nice fish indeed!!

Hope you find all the info you need, and enjoy the forum!!

Rob

The site is a bit out of date at the moment - We've just moved and have now got more tanks :)
We have 9 in total - but 6 or 7 running - depending what I've got up my sleave :) - I'm currently trying to breed Amano Shrimp in a tank of their own.

Marine tank was the next plan - untill the possibility of zebs popped up :)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi smithrc and welcome to the forum. :D

You have some nice looking plecs there.

I too have been attempting to breed Amano shrimp but it's very difficult. I have several pregnant females at the moment but no sign of any offspring. Apparently the young have to be fed on rotifers so you will have to get a culture going. I have also read that part of their lifecycle is spent in brackish water so you will probably have to simulate this somehow.

You might want to try breeeding red cherry( Neocaridina denticulata sinensis) shrimps instead, they are supposed to be a lot easier to breed and are more colourful. They are also far better algae eaters than Amano, my lot prefer to eat sinking carnivore pellets now and pretty much leave the algae alone. :x I've been looking for a supply for a while now but have had no luck. I know that Trimar have them but shrimps don't ship too well, I would prefer to pick them up from a local supplier. You can expect to pay around £3 per shrimp.

Here's a link: http://www.azgardens.com/shrimpfactory.php

Adam