PROBLEMS LOGGIN IN AN POSTING

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
Rob
Hypan-guru!

PROBLEMS LOGGIN IN AN POSTING

Post by Rob »

Hi GUys

Does anyone have problems loggin in and posting a message. DanThirty is having a bit of a hard time of it, and I don't seem to bea ble to find a soultion from this end. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Rob
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Nope, nae problems here. Could it be Dan's puter settings?
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Adam

Post by Adam »

I do have problems with my netgear router at the moment as it keeps on dropping the connection, may be knackered. :(
As for logging in I have no problems in that area, could be his security settings. Hard to say really without knowing what hardware he uses to connect to the net. Find out if he uses any of the following: Broad band modem, router, dial up modem or a firewall. It would be easier to trace the problem.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Cheers Adam, Much appreciated.

I'll send him a PM

rob
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Maybe worth asking him to look into his cookie settings also.

On IE6.... Tools // Internet Options // Privacy (tab).... then there is a slider he can control.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Thanks guys for your help.
Well what happens is sometimes (most) when i try to reply to a thread it crashes my pc and takes me back to my desktop? the slider is set to medium is this ok?
Last edited by DANthirty on Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam

Post by Adam »

What operating sytem are you using. Just gathering some more info, hang in there we'll try and get this sorted out.

Does your PC crash when using other apps?
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Certainly no problem my end.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

i am using windows xp i have no problems with any other forums or programs so im not realy sure why this happens ? my pc is fine when im just reading all the differant stuff its when i go to reply or post a thread it says that internet explorer has encountered a problem and sends me back to my desk top. :(
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Does it make any difference if you're logged on or not?

I can't see why it should be the forum, as your browser is fed pure html, all the work involved in creating the page is done on the server..... of course, it could be the Java script bit - that's parsed on the client (meaning your browser).

What do you think Adam? Would it be worth his while to try an update of the java script engine? There was an update released recently.. In case there's a corrupt file or whatever in the Java Script engine...

Update from MS

On a second thought, which probably should have been the first, did you try to empty your Internett file cache? Tools - Internett options - delete files. :P
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

hey guys your all a life saver , you have sorted out my pc problem i had a internet clean up program running so i thought i would un install it and see what happens and hey presto im here with no problems . yipppeeeeeeeeeeee once again guys thanks for your help and thanks for helping me out Rob
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Glad you got it sorted mate.
DANthirty wrote:the slider is set to medium is this ok?
Aye, thats the normal "recommended" position/level.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

CHeers fir helpin Dan out everyone.

:lol: :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Well done guys!!

Sorry couldn't make it any earlier. I was crusin in my Scooby(Subaru) listening to the sound of my new big bore exhaust :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Forgot to mention that I'm also a petrol head in my spare time.

DANthirty I was going to say make sure that you've run windows update, obtained the most upto date java applet(Sun Corp) and disable any non essential programmes running in the background. When you said earlier that IE was throwing you back to your DT I suspected some sort of app conflict. Steer clear of all those little programmes that claim they will change your life they generally haven't been certificated by M$ and nearly always cause problems. I recommend using these two apps both of which if I remember are freeware Reg edit, removes all those annoying little apps that you thought you got rid of in add/remove programmes or through the uninstall shield. You'll be surprised at how much crap is left behind. Adaware I think its on version 5.5 now kills all spyware on your PC and stops all these nosy corporations from learning about your surfing habits, ran this once and found 62 spy components on my PC :shock: Spyware can affect your PCs performance.

Oh and get yourself a firewall, zonealarms, black ice defender and Nortons internet security any one of these will do. It's not a good idea to surf the net "bareback" these days, you never know what you'll catch. :lol: :lol:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Nice one Adam . yeah i have most off them already so should be pretty safe cheers guys :D