Young zebras

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Lied
I still don't know much about the filtration they need, I can make a strong current with my filter no problem, and I have an air bubble thing
My tanks have a turn over of around 8 - 10 times per hour, with a high flow rate accross the surface of the water. I use venturi's to ensure maximum oxygenation.

As fo the neons, they can cope with the temp just fine, but they tend to hide from the current a bit. The tetras prefer a slightly slower water, and you will probably find they just sit ina corner.

The applesnail should be fine ( I think). I remember having one in a community tank. it used to spend hours crawling up the filter, jumping into the flow, shooting accross the tank, then going back for more!!!!!

The only thing I would say about the shrimp, is they may have a tendancy to eat the eggs if they roll out of the cave, (but this is just a guess). :wink:

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

I'll see if it works with the neons, and remember I buy the zebs small (!!!!!) so the schrimps don't have any eggs to eat the first 3 years
Cute ^_^
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

I have looked on the Inet for my capacity of my Juwel pump, and it is 400 l/h, will that do? :roll:
Cute ^_^