A Wee Video of the Zebra Mating Dance!!!!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

A Wee Video of the Zebra Mating Dance!!!!

Post by Rob »

Hi Guys

This is just a quick little video of the Female trying desperately to get into the cave. The male isn't too happy as he already has a lady-friend in there!!!! :lol: :lol:

http://www.zebrapleco.com/images/zebravid

Please ignore any nose of people chatting in the backround, (if there is audio), it's on thet TV!

This can go on for up to 2 hours or so, have fun!!

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Let me in! Let me in darn it!! :lol:

PS. you forgot to include the file extention, so it might be a bit tricky for people to get it to play. It plays in Windows Media Player, just in case somebody is having trouble with it...! :D
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I can't play it. Tried Windows Media Player and it says "cannot download compressor"... whatever that means.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi everyone. Try again, I have included the extension, and made sure it isn't compressed.

good luck

http://www.zebrapleco.com/images/zebravideo.wmv

rob
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

Wow nice! Never saw that before.. too bad it is such a small screen.
Cute ^_^
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Must be my computer. I'm still getting the "cannot load decompressor" or something to that effect.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to see it in real life. I had a pair of Apistos spawn at the weekend, and I poured some of their water into the Zebra tank. I was hoping there's a bit of breeding hormone in their water that might get the zebs in the mood... time will tell I suppose. I do have a big fat female, well, a couple actually...But they don't seem interested in the males. One female has her own cave. Will she leave that when she wants to breed? Or will having her own cave make her less likely to breed? Or does it have no effect?
kasper
Groupie

Post by kasper »

Hi

Nice video Rob.

The female on the video don't seem to be that fat. Is she ready to spawn? or just trying to ruin the one going on?

Kasper
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Mindy wrote:Must be my computer. I'm still getting the "cannot load decompressor" or something to that effect.
Hi Mindy.

Is the error "no suitable decompressor found"? You might be able to find the error, and a solution here?
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Kasper

Two little bundles of eggs this morning. :shock:

I think the second one was just trying to create some dominance, hence very few eggs.

Both females are however very small fish in comparrision to some of my other females.

Rob :wink:
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

Cute! Don't want to push y'all, but I have post a guestion :roll: and I'm waiting all day for it to be answered...anyone?
Cute ^_^