Zebras For Sale........Rob's House!!!!

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Rob
Hypan-guru!

Zebras For Sale........Rob's House!!!!

Post by Rob »

Well, the time has come for me to sell some of my zebras, and as promised I will give everyone on the forum first refusal.

Unfortunately I am only parting with 10 at the moment but there will probably be a few more in the next 2 months, so if you don't manage to get any of these then ther will be more soon.

Ok, so here's is the script! They are all at least 2" with a couple a little bigger. They should be pretty much full grown within about 4 months or so, once there are transferred into tanks with fewer fish.

They are all from the same parents so I am limiting the sales to 2 per person, ( this is also because there are so many people wanting some).

I have decided to sell then unsexed, as I do not want to try and guess and get it wrong, however, you can pick and choose whatever ones you want!! :lol:

I can also assure you all that there are in prime health, excellent colours, prestine fins and tails, with good plump bellies!

They are all from spawns that took place in July / August 2003, so are 21 months old.

Sorry about the quality of the pics but it gives you an idea.

This last one is of Geroge and he is not for sale as he is a "Bullnose" (and my first ever fry) :lol: :lol:

I am looking for £90 each, and it is pick up only, (sorry). I hope this is OK for everyone, but I must admit I am at a stage right now where I need to recoup some money. As I said before I can assure everyone that they are excellent fish.

OK...this is getting a bit long winded.... I guess I am trying to waste time and not actually sell them!!! :cry: :cry: :wink:

I realise that there is alot of interest, and I'm really bad at saying No to people, so here are the main points!!

1) £90
2) Pick -up Only (Forgot to say I live 30 miles north of Carlisle, 50 miles south of glasgow)
3) Unsexed and 2"
4) 2 Fish max per person

First people to send me a PM or e-mail get the fish reserved.
(Obviously I can't reserve them for too long)

Thanks again.

Rob
Last edited by Rob on Sat May 14, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
clint8
Forum Follower

Zeb's for sale

Post by clint8 »

Loved to Rob but unfortunately........ :( in the wrong country!!!!!

Cheers,
Clint
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

He He cheers clint
:lol: :lol:

I don't think they post too well either to the US!! ( is it the US you re from?)

Rob
Dan D' Man
Groupie

Post by Dan D' Man »

Hi Rob; just out of curiousity....it it takes about 21 months for fry to reach 2", (under ideal conditions); then it takes about 2 years to have young adults and maybe 3 years to be sexually mature? I have some wild-caughts in the 2-2 3/4" range & was trying to determine their age. Is my math right? Dan
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Rob
I would have been interested in two, but have just ordered 6 from Ricky in the other thread, leaving me skint.

Buying Zebras is like waiting for a bus, nothing for a while and then they all come at once :roll:
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Dan

Yes... your fish are probaly just over 2 2.5 years old. from what I have seen the females seem to reach sexual maturity first, and then the males. This is probably due to the fact the males must also estabish themselves as alpha males.

Andrew.

Good to hear you have got some from Ricky, I'm not surprised your're now a bit skint if you got 6!! :lol: :lol:

rob
Tom26000

Respect to Rob!

Post by Tom26000 »

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the message.

It must be very hard to part with them after watching them grow for so long!

£90.00 is an excellent price and respect is due, Im sure many zeb. breeders would sell for much more! Sadly I'm not in the hunt anymore due to literally no space left in my tanks, and no space left in my house for new tanks! :roll: I'm trying to get back into Discus at present and have just spent a daft amount of money on four young discus!

I'm sure some retailers will start subscribing to this list when they get wind of your low prices. Have you got any measures to try and screen people like this out? I ask because I visited a large aquatics in Yorkshire today and one of their regular shoppers was bringing in a zebra as trade and they are giving him £100! They were asking me if I knew anyone selling zebras. I said no.

I'm sure your ten will have all been reserved by now anyway! :wink:

Regards

Tom
ptishoe

Post by ptishoe »

hi, Rob

what a pity you can't post the little ones to Russia! :cry:
we still can't make out the sex of all our zebras... and keep hoping to see them sprawn one day
Elena
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Tom

Cheers for that it really is appreciated. I must admit, I had trouble convincing myself to sell them for £90, I felt guilty about asking that, but my wife kept me straight!!!

As for "screening people" I will hopefully not need to, and with any luck the individuals buying my wee babies will be forum regulars like yourselves. :cry: :lol:

Anyway, there are still a few left if anyone is interested!!!

Rob
garfieldnfish

Post by garfieldnfish »

Wish I could get some. But live in US.
I did not realize it would take them that long to mature. That means mine will need at least another year before I can expect them to get friendly with each other. No need to rush out yet and get spawning caves.
11 tanks and still wanting more
Dave C

Post by Dave C »

Hi Rob,
I just got my first three zebras yesterday and it was a real thrill to switch on the lights this morning and see them out and about already.They are in a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft tank and I was half expecting to never see them, but they all seem happy to show their faces.
If you have any zebras left, I would be interested in two, I'm absolutely hooked on these wee fish.

Cheers,
Dave
clint8
Forum Follower

Post by clint8 »

Sorry Rob.....from the land Down Under.......Australia....

Cheers,
Clint :lol:
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

I'm guessing these are now gone Rob...
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Smithrc

Yup long gone. I will have some more coming up for sale in a few months though. I tend not to reserve them, but just act on a first come first served basis, after I issue an e-mail to all memebrs. Keep and eye out in August!!! :wink:

rob
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

oh no... My birthday is in August :)
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]