L046 Database.

How can we improve this forum, and the site as a whole?
Adam

L046 Database.

Post by Adam »

I belong to a few PC overclocking forums, another one of my past times, one of which has a database of the clock speeds that everyone has achieved. It contains details of the chip used, type of cooling, memory speed etc etc.

I was wondering if we could set up something similar but obviously for our zebras. It could contain details such as: number of fish, number of spawnings, water parameters, filteration, diet and so on. It could prove to be a very useful reference tool.

What does everybody think :?:
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Good idea, :D it would be really interesting but i believe the site already has some info under the spawn list
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I like this idea! At the end of the year we could see how many new zebras was added to the population.

I'm against all forms of competitions though - as Rob would win, hands down, all of them! :D
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Excellent idea guys.

The basis is already there with the spawnlist, but obviously in it's very early days. Never really got round to improving it any.

I like the idea of adding a summary section, to include:

Parameters (Nitrates, etc)
Filtration type
Spawn size, (or would be better total no. of fry)
Temp

The initial idea was to give an idea whether or not successul breeding progams existed. Up until now, it didn't seem to be working as the site wasn't open to a wide enough audience.

Hopefully this way we can gather some detailed infor and see if there are any definate trends.

Let me know what you think!

rob
Adam

Post by Adam »

Glad you like the idea Rob, I just thought It would be quite useful to see all of this info in one easy to use database. I know that there are details on the site itself but hopefully as you pointed out it would reach a wider audience on the forum. You might want to take a poll on the fields you want to include just to make sure you receive maximum input.

You might also want to stress that this is not an opportunity for the competetive ones amongst us to run a mock, lay down some rules if necessary. One final thought, it may be best to include everyone regardless of breeding successes so that no one feels left out. I know I would as I'm yet to breed my zebras.

You never know if it takes off and we manage to identify some definate trends we may all be enjoying zebra parenthood next year or sooner. :mrgreen:
forumadmin
Site Admin

Interim Measure

Post by forumadmin »

As an interim measure for this, if you guys can maintain an Excel sheet (or similar), I will make it available througha web page on this site so it can be accessed directly.

How does that sound ?

Thanks