L046 Zebras...adults with babies?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Dan D' Man
Groupie

L046 Zebras...adults with babies?

Post by Dan D' Man »

Hi, need some help here. I got 7 Zebra babies, about 1" -1.25"in size in a 12 gallon Acrylic tank, doing just fine..while they grow. I'm expecting 5 adults-juveniles next week, ranging in size from 2 1/2" to 3 1/2". Question: any risk of putting all these together? will the big ones pick on the little ones? If I want to breed the larger ones, what would be an adequate tank size.. I need to make preparations ASAP, so thanks for your help. PS; they had 12 for sale, only 5 were left! at least I got a piece out of it! Believe it or not, the 5 adults were wild caught.
valhallan
Groupie

Post by valhallan »

Congrats Dan :) I can't speak to keeping the larger zebs with the babies, but as for a breeding tank, I think anything 30G or larger is good for that many fish. I think some people even keep their groups in smaller tanks. If you get wind of any more for sale, don't hesitate to tip me off :D After you've taken your pick of course :wink:

Val
Dan D' Man
Groupie

Post by Dan D' Man »

Val, just PM you. Dan