Webcam

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
Adam

Post by Adam »

WOW - Adam, did you get any quality picture doing that?
It wasn't any better than on the conventional CRT, however they were 10 times bigger. :lol:

Fantastic. :lol:

Mind you I had to get my PC back upstairs before the Mrs got home, she does her nut when they spill out of my room. :(

I've always got PCs for repair/upgrade at home and they do tend to litter the house especially when there's a lot of work on. Mind you I haven't been taking much on recently due to the zebras.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Godzilla-zebras! Now there's an image to play with - "The return of.." - "The invation of.." :D

I would have liked to see that :lol:
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Axis ActiveX Camera Control
The AXIS ActiveX Camera Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.
this is what it reads when i try any ideas guys as it sounds good on what im missing out on
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

I had the same problem and Mc eve sorted it out for me by sending me to this link

http://www.cedareden.com/axis_activex.html
I found that by altering teh Active X settings on under the internet security section it worked straight away, set most settings to enable or prompt. Adam might be the chap to talk to as he is the computer expert, but the above site helped me out :D

Tristan
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Just a word of cation when it comes to configuring how ActiveX is handled by your browser. Don't set download unsigned ActiveX controls to Enable, you could pick up some nasties/unwanted controls if you do. Prompt is better, that way you know what you download and get the opportunity to say no thanks :)
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Thanks guys
That sorted the problem and yes they do look great
How much water movement do you have as there didnt seem to be much motion in the water (or may be i have to much?)how many and how big are your powerheads ? or what do you use for water movement?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

It's a 120 liter tank, with a powerhead that does 600l/min, and an Eheim 2224.

Seem to be enough water movement for mine, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind more. :) I'm not sure more is better and a definate must for breeding though, as I've heard several reports of Zebra's breeding in tanks housing Discus.
Adam

Post by Adam »

McEve is spot on as usual as she says don't set download unsigned ActiveX controls to Enable or you could end up getting your browser hijacked.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Looks like there's a live show going on on the web cam now. Fish [not suitable for children]! :lol:

On a side note, this might be a bit too frequent for the fish. How do I prevent them from wearing themselves out, short of removing the male?
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Does your male have a female in the cave with him?? All I can see right now is his tail.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Yes he does. I'm getting back to my plans about installing an infrared endoscope so that I can see what's going on in the cave. :P

You'll see the males tail in short periods, then he will disappear into the cave for an even shorter period. That's when he's doing his part of the job. then he backs up a bit to allow the female room to do her part, and so on.
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Class, I knew it! He's usually there or there abouts but never in the cave for such a long time. Should I feel like a little pervert peaking on the luvin :lol: 8) :oops:
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

On a side note. Have you noticed how quiet the other Zebras have become since the lovin began?
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Dr. P wrote: Should I feel like a little pervert peaking on the luvin :lol: 8) :oops:
I know the feeling! :lol: I got over it though ;)
Dr. P wrote:
Have you noticed how quiet the other Zebras have become since the lovin began?
I have! It's like that every time, it's almost like the whole tank is holding the breath in anticipation of what's going on :)
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

McEve wrote:it's almost like the whole tank is holding the breath in anticipation of what's going on :)
Either that or they are sittin sniggering in a corner shouting "get a room" :lol: :lol: