food how much?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Tariq
Obsessed!!

food how much?

Post by Tariq »

i wanted to ask how many bloodworms do you think a adult zebra can eat??i am asking this becuase i want to know if i am not overfeeding becuase in the morning it looks like they havent eaten anything.
so i was thinking since they arent that big a fish maybe they eat like 10 pieces of bloodworm per fish??
thanks i know its a strange question lol
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I always feed mine as much as it takes for it to be leftovers in the morning. I then remove it. I do this to make sure they get as much as they want/need (which might not be the same thing, I have one female that's absolutely a pig, while others stop when they think it's enough)

doing it this way requires a good schedule of cleaning the tank and water changes, but I still feel this is the best way for me, then I don't have to worry :)

Because there's such a big difference in how much the individual will eat, I haven't even tried to figure out how much they should get pr fish, it seems to be impossible to tell in my groups :)

Others might of course choose a different approach, which would be just as good, but this works for me and my fish.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I, too, just put down a pile and if there's any leftovers, clean it out in the morning. With 5 zebras and a few dither fish, there's not usually much left out of a whole bloodworm (or similar) cube.

Like McEve said though, vigilent tank maintenance is essential if you do this or you can end up with polluted water from leftover food (if there is any).