L333

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
McEve
Hypan-guru!

L333

Post by McEve »

I found some L333 today. What is your opinion about the gender of these? All of them are about 10cm - 4 inches

L333

Dialup users beware....

And... is it L066 or L333?
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi McEve,

My opinion using same criteria as Zebras
Nr1 and No2 are male
Nr3 is female (smaller cheek whiskers, smaller leading pectoral odontodes and wider just behind the pectorals.)

They are absolutely lovely. I would exchange all mine, that I have with yellowy stripes for your 3 with white stripes !!!!
I did see white versions on Planet catfish but didnt realise that they could be so brilliant white.
In fact I have 2 different versions of the 333, one ( only a single specimen) with very brilliant yellow/gold lines and some dots ,on a dark brown/black background ( which was amongst a batch of L333 but may not be a L333)and the other version with dull yellow lines on a medium brown background.
The third version being held at the lfs for fattening up,(which have light yellow/cream lines) as I didnt want the risk of buying stock which obviously had not been fed for a while prior to being imported. Hoping to pick them up early next week.
Will try and post some pics tomorrow of the 2 types that I have.

Regards,
Des.