cave question

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

Kim

cave question

Post by Kim »

Hi all!

I've seen at least one post where someone mentioned using tiles for their caves. Would these be floor tiles or bathroom tiles or some other kind of tile? Could I just go to a flooring place and find some dark tile and use it to make caves? I wasn't sure if the bottoms of that kind of tile had anything special done to them (for easier installation) that the zebras wouldn't like?

Thanks!
Kim
Kim

cave question

Post by Kim »

Hi everyone,

I forgot to ask this in my previous post... sorry.

I have a friend who makes pottery and was wondering if it would be safe (for the fish) to have her make caves out of clay?

If so, would it need to be just the natural material or would it be safe to use a dark glaze on it?

Anyone know?

Thanks!
Kim
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Kim
This thread is all about building gives and gives dimensions for the caves as well.

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... ight=caves

Pottery is fine for caves as well.
Kim

cave question

Post by Kim »

Andrew,

Thanks for the link! Slate caves sound popular with the zebras, so I'll have to try to make some. :)

Just for varieties sake, I'd still like to know if someone could confirm that it is OK to use pottery that has been glazed?

A dark glaze would look nicer than plain pottery and maybe the zebras would like the darker color better.

Thanks everyone!
Kim