My new set-up with pics

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

lrry93
Obsessed!!

My new set-up with pics

Post by lrry93 »

Heres pics of my new set up that I will be putting my Zebras in. I know alot of you dont like gravel but I need to look at something other then a bare tank. The pics dont do it justice for what it looks like in person. All I have left to do is add the caves I made. I am running a Fluval 404 and a 802 powerhead hooked to a undergravel plate with PVC, and a CO2 injection system. It has a flourite base with a river gravel top layer. It is also home for some red line torpedo barbs, rummy nose tetras, corys, and some Farowellas

Now before anyone throws it out there. I copied this tank from someone on planet catfish. I was looking to do a river tank and seen his on the forum so I had to use his idea.

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

[/img]Image
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I think that setup is going to work perfect for a catfish. The Zebras might tend to wander over to where the finer gravel is though, so they can show eachother how good they are at digging :D

It looks really good! Good luck with it 8)
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hey Irry93,

Sorry I missed your post, I don't know how as I spend enough time here :D .

I remeber seeing something very similar on PC during one of my late night marathon surfing sessions. Nothing wrong with modelling a setup on some one elses, better watch out McEve I've got my eye on your new setup :wink: .

I can see that you spent quite some time and thought on the setup. I like the low level power head, should provide a good current for plecs from fast flowing waters. The large pebbles on the flourite gives a nice conrtast between colours and textures. In addition to the zebras are you planning on putting other types of plecs in there? If so you may want to choose carefully so as to avoid territorial disputes and competion for food. Would this be your zebra breeding tank or just a grow out tank for the youngsters? You may find that the hussle and bussle of a busy community tank may prevent them from getting down to business. Just thinking aload as usual :wink: .

Job well done mate :D .
Lied
Groupie

Post by Lied »

Looks nice :)
Cute ^_^