MY NEW FISH!! HEHE

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

SHUT UP YOU!! KEEPING WINDING ME UP!! LOL! just like my zeb was fake! cruel man i nearly cried! i will keep saying it until i get some sympathy!! lol ( or a free zeb from rob! ) :lol:
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

That is one stunning male :D He looks very well too!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Joking aside, he is a good looking male. He is very similar in body shape to one of my males who is almost permanently camped out in his cave. It's quite funny watching his antics, a couple of weeks ago another male stole his cave. I didn't see him claim it back but since that incident he doesn't travel much beyond his doorstep for food. He just comes out a couple of inches grabs a mouth full and darts back in his cave.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

All that needs to be said about the gender of this fish has been said I guess, but I was looking at it's eyes... I've never seen a Zebra with blue eyes before :D
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

He is my blue eyed boy!! lol i am worried he hasn't eaten anything for 2 days now, he is in my community tank with a L18 they sort of share the same hidding place is this a problem! Plus i have a fair ammount of bottoms feeders. what should i do?
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

He may not be able to compete with the other fish for food do you have a less busy tank for him
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

no! but he will take first choice! i will move a few corys out i have 8 plus a clown loach and a few others i dont know the name of
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I think I would him away from the clown loach... there's been some speculations regarding the compatibility of Zebras and Clown Loaches no being too good.

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... ight=clown
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

my loach is about 1 inch long tiny little fella!! i have no where else to put them apart from the uncycled tank!! i am in a bit of a mess
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

I have never kept the zebs in a community tank always a tank on their own but If I were you I would get that second tank up and beg steal or borrow a mature filter from someone.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

What i was planning on doing was moving my fish to another tank that my auntie has! just so i can give the zeb more of a chance! i have been cycling a tank for 2 weeks but i dont want to trust more fish in there for now! there is no way i can get another filter i only no 2 other people with tank and they only have 1 filter each! will he be alright?
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I have managed to get rid of most of the other fish in the tank i will be left with the zebra, 1 platy 1 very very tiny clown loach 1 small angel and 1 cory not bad lol now the zebra can eat in peace!
gianniz
Groupie

Post by gianniz »

my zebs (ony 6cm or so) are with bunch of breeding albino bristlenose and peppermint bristlenose and bunch of alto comps :)

they are doing fine :)
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I moved most of my fish last night he only has a very very small community now! last night i out in Gamma bloodworm and by the morning all of it had gone! ( i did sit there and watch for about 3 hours last night after lights out! lo ) i have got the lights out bug HELP ME!!