Anyone interested?

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Adam

Post by Adam »

I think you've done the right thing, all was not as it seemed with this guy. Anyway the main thing is that he said one of the group died due to fighting but for all we know it could have been something else. Chances are the fish may not have been in good condition, the one in the picture on ebay did look rather slim.

Like you I'm always on the look out for a good deal but I look for fish that are in tip top condition. The last thing I want is to infect my colony with diseased fish on account of a supposed good deal.

I have to agree one or two of Rob's home growns would certainly be nice :D .
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

Those in the picture on Ebay look ill to me. I'm guessing there were maybe more than the five listed and they started to die so he is trying to cash in on them before he loses the lot.

Having said that, he is obviously not the sharpest tool in the box, most people trying to pull a fast one would have said one had been sold, not died. Regardless, I personally wouldn't go near these Zebras unless they were going VERY VERY cheap!
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

OMG!!!! LOOK AT THIS!! i mailed him and asked why one of his fish was taken of the list! as i was bidding on one before me and zeberdy came to a agreement! and this is the email i got back!!

Dear 888shelley888,

You asked:
"how comes you only got 4 left? what happend to the 5th you sold it! if so how much for i could maybe match it ?"

One went to a guy I know at a fish shop near me

SO HE IS A LIER! and trying to cash in on the zebras fast! i am glad i see this what a complete W***ER!

I only wrote that email to him after i read zeberdys post in he saying " one had died " it was dishonest of me but i had to find out and you all was right!
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Another thing i find weird! the first zeb on that page is from derby from a seller called bitsandbobs and the 4 other zebs are from derby and seller thingsandbits! does this sound weird or just me being too cautious
Adam

Post by Adam »

I suspected that he sold the one he said had died and I bet it was the female too. So why lie about it? :x
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

or did it die and he is trying to cover it up! he doesn't know i am in contact with zeberdy. i think he is trying to cash in on a quick sale! adam did you get my pm?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Regardless of what happened to the zebra I think that this guy should be avoided.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

most def!
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Shell231 wrote:OMG!!!! LOOK AT THIS!! i mailed him and asked why one of his fish was taken of the list! as i was bidding on one before me and zeberdy came to a agreement! and this is the email i got back!!

Dear 888shelley888,

You asked:
"how comes you only got 4 left? what happend to the 5th you sold it! if so how much for i could maybe match it ?"

One went to a guy I know at a fish shop near me

SO HE IS A LIER! and trying to cash in on the zebras fast! i am glad i see this what a complete W***ER!

I only wrote that email to him after i read zeberdys post in he saying " one had died " it was dishonest of me but i had to find out and you all was right!

I Knew it! :evil:

Something just told me that there was something fishy (excuse the pun) about all of this!

I have now been outbid on all the Zebs which I am so glad about but if I hadn't of been by the day before I was going to withdraw all bids.

I hate people who lie :x