Anyone interested?

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Yep thats what i am planning on doing lol u read my PM i am willing to do that deal! hope we get it? how would i get the fish? would we met half way? or would it be easier to come to essex way?
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Fingers crossed Shell :lol: How far is Aylesbury from you? I'm about a 3hr drive from there.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

um i dont know, would you be coming past the waltham abbey junction on your return journey back to where ever u live? lol
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

I live in Derby and the route I would try to take is this (I normally get lost so need to add an hour for my incompetence) :lol:

http://www.mapquest.co.uk/cgi-bin/mqtri ... 84&dir.y=2
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I could met you near his house if it came to it? have you struck a deal with him yet?
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

He still hasn't got back to me yet :(
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

how annoying! i could actually met you in derby where ever he is!
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

He mailed me last night saying he has had one of them die!! and was i still interested in buying one!
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

I'm getting concerned about the health of these Zebs/seller..He Cancelled one of my bids then told me the Zeb was dead and he thinks it is because the others attacked it although they had never shown any agression but still offered me the other 4 for the same price as I offered for the 5:?

Thoughts?

Diane
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Have you seen pictures of any of them..?

I somehow think I would go up to him and see these fish before sending any money... I do hope they're ok and that you two girls get your Zebras, but I'm getting a bad gut feeling about this...... I can't for the life of me see how a group of Zebras would attack and kill one of the members of the group, unless they're kept under conditions very stressful to them.... I hope I'm wrong and that they are well looked after! :?

I don't mean to be a upset you! It's a nervewrecking enough time without getting additional cause for concern :oops:
Adam

Post by Adam »

I'm with McEve on this one. I would definately want to see good pictures of the zebras, better still go and see them before parting with your hard earned cash. It all does sound rather suspicious, then again he does have four males so I guess it wouldn't be entirely impossible that one could have been killed in a fight. Any idea how long he has had these fish?

If you do decide on getting the 4 fish that remain try bringing his price down, funny how he still wants the same money but for four fish now. The more I think about this the more it doesn't add up :? I wonder if it was the female that "died" or rather was sold for a higher price.
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

I would have to collect them in person and no money would be exchanged until I checked them over.

I have to agree with you both something just isn't right and to be honest I am now hoping someone will outbid me or make him a deal on the side.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

And Rob will have some for sale soon too. If it was me I think I would rather wait for them than risk your money on these..... I agree it's funny that he still want's the same money for 4 as for 5!

There are people that will try to take advantage of the current situation, I know - I was offered some Zebras a short time ago - undernourished ill-looking and disfigured fish :evil: I told him he should withdraw the sale. He wasn't too happy with that though...
Adam

Post by Adam »

Unfortunately there does seem to be some unscrupulous characters cashing in on the current demand for zebras. You could always back out it's starting to look like this may be the best thing to do.

Waiting for Rob's fish is a good idea, mind you I think he may not have enough in the first batch to go around. If I remember correctly it will be only 15 fish up for sale, with other batches being offered at six weekly intervals.
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

I think I will decline the Zebs..I actually don't really need any more but always on the look out for new strains so as I can be 100% sure they are not related in any way if they ever do decide to breed. That said One of Robs Zebs would be like my prized possesion :lol: