Anyone interested?

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Anyone interested?

Post by zeberdy »

Ok the guy in Aylesbury is willing to sell me the 5 Zebras which will allow me to increase my strains so to try to make it not quite so expensive an outlay I am thinking of selling a couple of mine that are related and around the 2inch mark. Would anyone be interested and if so what kind of price do you think they are worth?

Diane
Adam

Post by Adam »

How did you manage to wangle that one Zeberdy :lol: ? I thought that he would let them go on ebay in order to get the highest possible price. Why do you think that your fish are related? Unless you got them from a breeder I wouldn't think they are likely to be to be related. Anthing around the £100 mark is going to be a good price, you could always stick them on ebay to see what you get for them. Then again I know of a certain Essex girl who's on the hunt for zebras :lol: .

If the 2 are female I'll take them off your hands for £110 each, at 2" it may be pretty difficult to tell. Anyway I doubt that you would part with any females.

Adam
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Look at u adam!! stealing my chances for females! lol i am interested but it is collecting them! my boyfriend went to kent for me today and got my first one so i am so so so so so excited i just need more!!! and more!! what price would u do me a male for zeberdy?
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

are u buying all of the zebs ? for £50 each?
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Shell231 wrote:are u buying all of the zebs ? for £50 each?
I wish he would sell for £50 but I think thats going to be unlikely. He wants me to make an offer but don't really know how much :?

Your right Adam about not really wanting to sell females as they seem so hard to get hold of but the 2" ones I have are too small to sex with any certainty so who knows?

Shell How is the little fella doing?
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Just got him settled in his the main tank of mine, waiting for the other one to cycle! i got pics i emailed to adam to put on for me way to confusing for me! i only have 2 hiding places in my main tank and i have a L18 in there but the zeb kicked him straight out lol bless him
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Shell is that you bidding on the zebs? If so I'm the one you have just outbid :cry:
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

oh......... sorry! :oops: did u want me to lay off or would i be able to have 1 ? i only want 1 but if u want the whole lot i will lay off
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

( hopefully we can share! ) and maybe we can get them cheaper if we work as a team!! )
Adam

Post by Adam »

Better to cut a deal ladies instead of bidding against each other. If you can come to some sort of arrangement you should hopefully get them for a good price :wink: .
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I only want 1 but i am willing to strike a deal!!
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Shell231 wrote:I only want 1 but i am willing to strike a deal!!
Sounds like a great plan! :lol:
Adam

Post by Adam »

Zeberdy, I don't mean to cause trouble but Shell may be after the one female. If I remember correctly the guy had 4 males and 1 female. Looks like some more negotiation may be required, I'm sure you guys will sort it out :wink: .
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

I would like a male and female! but if it comes to it i will have a male! as then i can buy robs females and no interbreeding will take place then at all. is my intentions line breeding or strain breeding or am i total wrong in what i am saying lol
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Adam wrote:Zeberdy, I don't mean to cause trouble but Shell may be after the one female. If I remember correctly the guy had 4 males and 1 female. Looks like some more negotiation may be required, I'm sure you guys will sort it out :wink: .
Negotiations are taking place ... Women are very good at this! :lol:

Shell

Line breeding is where you breed blood related species which is a no no with Zebs. Your first statement about getting the two males and pairing them with two unrelated females like Robs is the way to go..this keeps the strain strong.