Lured by food

You can post piccies of your fishies here!
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Lured by food

Post by Mindy »

Sprinkled some bloodworm to see if I could coax this guy out for a few pix... it worked! These are all pics of the same fish, the other one didn't want to play this time. This is the one that has taken residence in the cave. The other still prefers the bogwood.

Having a look at the camera... :)

Similar to the above, but with more fins showing...

Having a friend 'round for dinner :wink:

This isn't a great shot, but shows him/her from behind. Didn't know if they're getting a body shape yet or not, or if they're still a bit skinny like when I got them. They are both eating well by the way.
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hey Mindy nice pictures :D . The zebra looks just fine, nice and healthy. Have you noticed that (s)he has a different colour pattern in the ventral fin. Normally the pattern is striped but your fella just has one big dot at the base of the fin, it could just be the camera angle. I like the food bowl iidea, I guess you empty it if there is any uneaten food.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I hadn't really noticed the dot rather than stripes. I don't know if this makes it clearer, but this is a picture of both of them the day they came home (you'll have seen this pic in another post about a month ago). I noted at the time that you could tell one from the other because one had a darker edge to his fin. I'm guessing this is him/her on the right. His left and right fins don't match. Maybe he got dressed in the dark! :lol: Do you think this is a natural variation or just a juvenile fish who hasn't grown into its stripes yet? Oh, and yes the food dish (little plant pot saucer) is indeed a great idea, which I'd love to take full credit for. But I have to admit, it was Des that suggested it... so all the kudos goes to him for this little piece of brilliance!
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Mindy,

Your zebra seems to have brightened up since it first came home. Must be all that good food and the higher temps !!!!!

Hi Adam,

Yes, I did suggest using a terracotta saucer to Mindy and placing the food in the saucer, but only because she was using this tank with an undergravel filter with largish gravel, where there was a high risk of pollution, due to various foods "dissappearing" in the gravel, while her other tank cycled properly.

Regards,
Des.