Zebras On Aquabid - America Only !

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Zebras On Aquabid - America Only !

Post by Andrew C »

There is a Buy It Now lott of Zebra Plecs on Aquabid but they are only for shipping in America:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... age=1&pb=0
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

The buy it now price for the 4 young Zebras is now $1000 :shock:

I see there is also another couple of adverts for young Zebras on Aquabid, but only for the U.S.A. again :?
Adam

Post by Adam »

Andrew, I bet you're not feeling too bad now about how much you paid for your zebras now. I think you got a very good deal anyway.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

What did you pay andrew if you dont mind me asking? and for how many? ( sorry if this sounds rude )
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Shell
Here is the info on the fish i bought:
I bought the trio on Aquabid and noticed that Wandj lost out on the 6 Unsexed Young Zebras that he looked to have bought, to a last minute bid.
He sold the trio to me for $560 in the end as i also bought 10 unsexed 30mm young zebras from him.
They were advertised as a Buy It Now auction for $800 and i must have saw them at the right time, as i think i bought them within a hour or two of the fish being advertised on AquaBid.
The cost of transport is 65 Euros and i live 10 minutes from Glasgow Airport, so pick up should be fine.
It all works out at about £755 and with the price i was being asked for down south in my searches, it seems a good deal to me.
What suprised me about the fish advertised for $1000, was that they were only $800 two days previous.
I guess they'll be $1200 tomorrow, but they better watch or they'll not get any bids for them !
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

A breeding pair of adult Zebras are for sale in Aquabid (America Only), with a Buy It Now Price of: $550.00.

Looks a good deal if they are a breeding pair !
Adam

Post by Adam »

Like you say a good deal if they are a confirmed breeding pair, chances are they will not be. I've seen a bit of this recently, zebras being sold as breeding groups/pairs and for higher prices.
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

I believe that Proven pair is being sold by Kevin Korotev. If it is him, he is a poster on both planet catfish and this site. I also recall him writing articles on Planet catfish about breeding plecos, especially zebras. I'm guessing he has been breeding them for a while. Don't know why he would sell a proven pair.
kkorotev

Post by kkorotev »

Yup. They're a true/bonafide/proven/bonded pair. I can't blame you for doubting that though.

Here's the truth, as I wrote it on AQUABID:
You are bidding on a proven adult pair of Hypancistrus zebra. Both fish are easily 3" and have been BREEDING TOGETHER since late last summer. I have no picture available, but I'd guess you know what they look like. ...(shipping details) I FULLY EXPECT THESE FISH TO SPAWN AGAIN BUT WILL NOT IMPLY ANY GUARANTEE OF SAME. Feel free to email me any reasonable questions.
Why am I selling them? To make a buck, to spread the wealth, to see how high the bid will go, to prompt forum chatter about our favorite fish.

Thanks, Ken, for your support.

Kevin
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Kevin,

Apologies for assuming that your pair of zebras are not a true breeding pair, they obviously are. As you can appreciate there are a lot of unscrupulous people out there making all sorts of claims.

Good luck with the sale.

Adam
SanDiegoFishes
Groupie

Post by SanDiegoFishes »

Kevin is a great pleco lover and a very honest seller with great fish :) I just received today a colony of 6 L174 AKA Peruvian Panthers from him AND 10 of his F1 L201 Hypancistrus Inspector plecos. They are healthy and awesome! The little Inspector plecos are so cute too! I will certainly be buying more fish from Kevin as he breeds them, everything about my dealings with him were AAA++++!!!!
Best, Barb
Currently run 25+ tanks and 6 above ground ponds. Breed many species of fish, including catfish, plecos, angels, Uaru's, German Blue Rams, livebearers, even snails.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Replying to what adam said, i saw on a fishauction somewhere a few months back a " breeding pair " of zebras went for a staggering £2000 wow! that is mad! just thought i would share this with you! lol bye bye x