6 zebras on Aquabid for.....

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

jerms55555
Obsessed!!

6 zebras on Aquabid for.....

Post by jerms55555 »

$500. They are from germany, here is the link http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1111093500. Maybe it might help somebody out...

-Jerms
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

1 female and 2 males is also on there.....from the same guy from Germany. This one dosent have a set price though, so get your auctioning skills out! They said they spawned already once. Should be fun to see how much they go for..... :D

-jerms
Adam

Post by Adam »

I suspect that the two groups will go for quite a bit. People can get a bit carried away when bidding, I know that I do. Still it would be interesting to see what they eventually go for.
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

I sent an enquiry to this guy with regard to shipping costs to the UK and he says that he cannot ship to the UK as the Customs circumstances are unclear. He says that as far as he knows, he would need an import license to send them here, which he doesn't have. So if you were hoping to bid for them, unless you are going to Germany and could bring them back somehow, these ones are sadly out of our reach. :(
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I sendt one also Mindy, and he said the exact same thing to me. Makes you wonder if he only wants to sell them in the US, unknown to me for what reason?

An import license shouldn't be something he would need to care about, as he's exporting.... Importlicense would have to be something the buyer would have to worry about, and I know you don't need one for importing to Norway, you need a veterinarian license as far as I know, and that's it..

ps.. ops, that was nr 700, wonder what I'll be labeled from the next post on :lol:
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Yeah, it's a bit weird... he says he ships internationally and then when you make enquiries, he says he can't... Hmmmm :? Sounds odd...
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

HOLY S&#T!!!! :shock:
The three zebras went for $700!!! Thats about $233 each...............Makes me want to sell mine now.......... :roll:

than again, i don't think so :D
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

That's how much they sell for in the shops over here - and have for the last 6 months. Yes - even before the export ban :roll:
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

Hello
I bought the trio on Aquabid and noticed that Wandj lost out on the 6 Unsexed Young Zebras that he looked to have bought, to a last minute bid.
He sold the trio to me for $560 in the end as i also bought 10 unsexed 30mm young zebras from him.
They were advertised as a Buy It Now auction for $800 and i must have saw them at the right time, as i think i bought them within a hour or two of the fish being advertised on AquaBid.
The cost of transport is 65 Euros and i live 10 minutes from Glasgow Airport, so pick up should be fine.
It all works out at about £755 and with the price i was being asked for down south in my searches, it seems a good deal to me.

The guy seems up front and easy to deal with and in one of my communications with him, he said:
I breed L29, L264, L270, L236, L333, L007, L315 and L316 on a regulary base (yes, and L46 but that you allready know)
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Andrew C,

Was that £755 for 3 adults and 10 youngsters. If so, sounds like a very good deal to me. !!!! Youngsters down this way, a few months ago were going for the same price as adults.

Regards,
Des.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Hey great job Andrew C!!! If you got all those for the 700 mark, thats a steal!!!!

Good Luck!
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

The cost was for 3 Adults and 10 Youngersters.

I had been phoning about a lot of fish shops in England and Scotland trying to get a hold of some Zebras and the cheapest i found on my searches was Shirley Aquatics, who had some 2" Zebras that were are selling for £110, but they don't Courrier them.
There may be some left for anybody that is interested and near there!

I was going to drive up and try for the the ones advertised in Lossiemouth this weekend, until i saw jerms55555 post about the ones on Aquabid earlier this week.

Cheers Jerms 55555 :D
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Hey Andrew C no problem glad to help,
its good to hear that somebody from zebrapleco.com got them... :wink: That way, when you breed them you can give us the tricks and tips!!! :D

Good Luck!
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

jerms55555 wrote:Hey Andrew C no problem glad to help,
its good to hear that somebody from zebrapleco.com got them... :wink: That way, when you breed them you can give us the tricks and tips!!! :D

Good Luck!
Cheers Jerms

Breeding my Zebras is a long way off yet, hopefully i'll not be using Zimmer Frame and need help getting into bed by the time it happens :roll:
Jo
Obsessed!!

Post by Jo »

Hi Andrew congrats on the purchase ive always been too scared to actually buy from abroad, let us know how it goes and of course pics of the newcomers.