The male has not left the building since the 20th of januar.

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Tom Kvitnes
Groupie

The male has not left the building since the 20th of januar.

Post by Tom Kvitnes »

He is garding eggs again for the 5th time since 20th of januar without stop, should i be worried for his healt or not ?

As far as i can tell he has not been outside his cave since 20th of januar.
Should i try to slip some food into his cave, or do he eat some of the eggs to stay alive ?

Sex is good but i dont think i would manage without food for monts :lol:

Regards

Tom
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hey Tom

Get a torch, and shine it in the cave, (like you haven't been doing that for ages!!!!) :lol: Does he seem fat enough, are his fins tattered etc?

The chances are he is popping out to the edge of the cave when your tucked up in your bed. Failing that does the flow direction allow any food to sit at the mouth of the cave?

If the spawns are successful, I wouldn't change too much. I would be more worried about the condition of the females.

Cheers

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Tom Kvitnes
Groupie

Post by Tom Kvitnes »

I have two torches standing on the top of the tank :lol:

It is difficult to see his condition because its a very small and narrow cave.

I feed pretty mutch so there is food all over the place, but i have been watching him at all times and i have never seen him out of the cave.

3 out of 4 spawns have been successful, this last one remains to see.
But there are not many fry from each spawn, biggest one is six fry.

I am not too worried about the females, they all look good and there are at least two different females involved, maybe three.

It is a lot of fun that this is infact happening, but a i am worried for the male. The other and bigger males seems to be lost when it comes to girls.
My hopes are that the smaller males in the tank watch and learn :P

Regards

Tom