Fry!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Fry!

Post by Shell231 »

Hi, you may or may not have covered this but in your experiences would you remove the fry from there parents or just leave them to do there own thing? i have read so much on this site over the last week i cant really remember sorry! i am currently looking for a small group of zebras to start with and was wondering how you go about the fry side of things. Thank you
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

i wanted to find out all the info on these fish before i jumped in and bought them. i would dearly love to breed them, i was wondering how difficult it would to do this?
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

i have found the info i needed sorry for wasting a topic :oops: seems to be a mixed view on removing the fry! guess ill have to wait and see
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Shell231,

I have found that the fry I left with the father, and in the tank after the nursingperiod was over, grew much faster than the fry I sparated from the group. I know what I'll do next time there's fry in the tank.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I guess it also depends on how good the fathers parental care is. It may be best to take the fry/eggs away from the male where he is a habitual spawn or egg eater. At the end of the day it really is a personal decision based on what you feel the most comfotable with. If my lot ever decide to spawn I plan on letting dad get on with it.
Shell231
Mentally Certified!

Post by Shell231 »

Another silly question, the separating for the fry can it be a in tank one with a bubble curtain going quite fiercely underneath it? These question are very premature but i want to find out all i can! you know how it is! lol
Adam

Post by Adam »

Do you mean having a breeding trap in a tank with a bubble curtain directly underneath? If so I can't really envisage any problems with that other than the trap may move around a bit if not secured properly.