Rob...are you selling some?

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Rob...are you selling some?

Post by Tom2600 »

Hi Rob,

There is a chap on the internet going by the name of Busta saying he has recently bought 25 zebras from a chap breeding them in Scotland. I can only think of one Rob producing this amount of Zebras. :wink: Is it true then? If so, can we all have a few? :wink:

A few quote from this Busta chap.....

"there is a small community of people that breed them very regular, i paid £2250 for the fish i am starting up a 6 colonie fish room wiht these beautiful fish. The Mrs is more into the fish than me she was willing to buy another 25 more crazy fool! The bloke from scotland has got another spawn on the go in 6 weeks they would be ready for re-sale! ( £90 each ) if anyone is interested!?!?!"

"The bloke that is selling these zebras is at rob@qems.biz he has a stock about to be up for sale drop him an email and ask?"

Cheers

Tom
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Did you get these quotes directly from Busta himself? I have actually been speaking with this chap frequently over the past few days.....but he claims these quotes are not from him??

Somthing weird is going on here.
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Adam

Post by Adam »

The plot thickens, wouldn't Rob have offered his zebras to forum members first if they were indeed up for sale? It just doesn't sound like his style.

Quick Rob lay this one to rest before it gets out of hand.

I'll PM you later about the 20 zebras you said I could have :wink: .
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

I guys

You're right, something strange is going on. To Date I have not sold ANY zebras, as I refuse to let them go before they are about 2 years old. This is due to the fact that want to ensure the fish are large and strong enought to climatise to their new environment.

I have had an e-mail from a guy recently who wants to buy quite a few, and I did state that I should have some ready in 6 weeks. Maybe this is where the confusion is coming from. AS for rob@qems.biz, it is my e-mail address, so it sounds like this is the same bloke!

Tom, where did you read this on the internet. I could do with a having a wee look at it.

When I do start selling them I will be selling them with certs identifying each spawn in order to ensure people do not interbreed. This may sound a little corny, but It is the easiest way for me to track them. If for example someone buys a group to breed, I will try and make the males and female from different stock groups. Then if the individual returns to buy more, I will know what females/ males to supply.

Cheers for letting me know about this.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Just seen the new post from Adam.

yes, don't worry the first zebras to be sold will be posted on the forum!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Absolutely no doubt about that......at least this way I know where they are going. In fct maybe I should make you all put webcams like McEve's in front of your tanks so I can say hi to them now and again!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

I did see one topic on Planet Catfish that this Busta had started. He claims to have got 15 Zebs but doesn't state where from just that he can get 10 more and he wants to breed them and that they sell for "mega bucks".

Rob

I think keeping the zebs for two years and making sure interbreeding doesn't take place is very responsible and I think we should all work to that standard, however I do get very worried that others (excluding members of this forum) may just be thinking of the so called "mega bucks" and end up doing more harm than good :(

Diane
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Hiya Zeberdy, do you have the link to the post on Plante Catfish?
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Rob wrote:In fct maybe I should make you all put webcams like McEve's in front of your tanks so I can say hi to them now and again!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Rob
Big ROb" is watching you 8)
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Rob wrote:When I do start selling them I will be selling them with certs identifying each spawn in order to ensure people do not interbreed. This may sound a little corny, but It is the easiest way for me to track them. If for example someone buys a group to breed, I will try and make the males and female from different stock groups. Then if the individual returns to buy more, I will know what females/ males to supply.
I would be very interested to learn how you organize this. It's a very good idea, and I'd like to copy it :D

Can you show an example of what the certs looks like? And also how you keep records for yourself?
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

Hi Rob and others,

I am beginning to think the person is not telling the whole truth as I have also been contacted out of the blue by this 'Busta' person enquiring about Zebras but had no contact since.

Whilst surfing the web I found some Zebra links with this Busta person included within. The link is as follows.

http://www.fishcrazy.co.uk/forums/index ... eadid=8045

BTW I'm glad to hear about some of the members on hear getting first dibs on the Zebras. :D The certs sound like a good idea.

Regards

Tom
zeberdy
Obsessed!!

Post by zeberdy »

Looks like this Busta is telling a few porkies :roll:
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

My suspicions are confirmed. Lying little toerag!!! I have been wasting my time talking with this punk on MSN for over 3days!!!!

Busta...I know you are a member here....I hope you are reading this.

Games up :wink:
Adam

Post by Adam »

What gives? I've been online a lot today and I've noticed Busta here as well. If you check the members list you'll notice that he is a registered member but is yet to post.

Come on Busta show yourself and lay this one to rest, I'm sure we all have the wrong end of the stick. Go on mate tell us how it really is :wink:
Last edited by Adam on Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

The times you saw Buster would have been when I was linking him to the forum as I really wanted an explination.

I'm afraid we have the right end of the stick here Adam dood. :evil: