unusual behaviour

An area for anything related to spawning. Share your experiences with the rest of us here...
ptishoe

unusual behaviour

Post by ptishoe »

I have three zebras, all of which some three years ago were identified as males by forum members.
recently one of them got unusually fat in its 'waistline' and left its usual cave. another one has also changed shelter - moved into a barnacle, which they all previously ignored. I saw the 'fat' one sitting near this barnacle, very close to it but not in. today the one in barnacle keeps stirring all the time, waving its tail as if helping water flow in and out, although usually my zebras are quite still and 'motionless' during the day.

can this mean anything? something I am hoping for? )))

and one more thing: if one is much fatter than normal doesn't this prove it's a female? (doesn't look ill! active and beautiful)
Last edited by ptishoe on Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elena
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

today the one in barnacle keeps stirring all the time, waving its tail as if helping water flow in and out, although usually my zebras are quite still and 'motionless' during the day.
That's certainly a good sign, so maybe you do have a female after all. :D

let us know what happens and good luck.

Plastic Mac
smithrc

Post by smithrc »

sounds promising....

any recent pictures we could give it another go at sexing them?
Our female was sexed as a male - and lives in a cave live your does....
Fingers crossed for you :)

Have you changed their diet recently? I started feeding more bloodworm when we got our first spawn.
Click For Our Plecs
[url=http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/gallery/plecs][img]http://www.smithrc.f2s.com/assorted/PlecSig_sm.jpg[/img][/url]