8 babies!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Cascudo
Obsessed!!

8 babies!

Post by Cascudo »

Today it is two weeks ago that I discovered the new wigglers, so their yolk sac should have been absorbed by now, and it was time to move them to the fry trap.

I seperated them from their dad, which was not amused, :( and transferred them to the fry trap. These little guys are so quickly, two climbed up in the net and almost escaped! Indeed their yolk sac had been absorbed already. They make a total of 8! :D
Their big brother doesn't seem to like the company of his little brothers as he tends to chase them out of his cave (an upside-down coffee shoop), but I think that everyone will eventually get used to the new situation.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Congrats Cascudo :D I'm sure they'll get used to eachother after a while.

Good luck!

(pictures! :D )
Dr. P
Mentally Certified!

Post by Dr. P »

Cangratulations!!! What a great start to the year us forum peolpe are having.....may it long contunue!
Sword Pies. As Good as it Gets - Guaranteed!! [img]http://www.refreshdesign.co.uk/dale/scotsmile2.gif[/img]
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Cascudo,
Congrats.Looks like 2005 is going to be good to us breeders.
Did you use a net to rescue the fry?.
Regards,
Des.
KenW
Obsessed!!

Post by KenW »

Congrats Cascudo,

Looking to be a great year for breeding. Instead of the year of the rooster maybe it should be the year of the zebra.
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Great Job!!!!! :wink:
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Thanks all for the nice responses!

I am a little worried about the older fry though. :? He turned out to be a real bully to his little brothers. It is unbelievable how this fish can already be so territorial at this age! :shock: He spends most of his time pushing his smaller brothers out of "his" cave (well, from his point of view it IS indeed his).
I placed another small cave to give the smaller fry some rest, but they are just like sheep, they want to be where the others are. :roll:
I am still thinking of a solution and a little worried that the bigger fry could harm the smaller ones.

Does anyone experience with fry agression?
I think my bigger fry is from november 2004 (I have to look it up), do you think that I could already release it in the big tank, without risk that is starves?
I think that the wisest solution is buying a second fry trap, and having to seperate the fry :roll:
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Congratualtions with teh 8 Fry.

With regard to the "older Brother" i would suggest putting him in his own trap if he is not big enough. What size is he and what are the inhabitabts of the tank.

Tristan :)
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Adam

Post by Adam »

Congratulations Cascudo.

I would move the trouble maker to his own breeding trap just to be on the safe side. I think that he has got too use to his own company and probably doesn't want to share his living quarters.

Well done mate :lol: .
Cascudo
Obsessed!!

Post by Cascudo »

Thanks again :D

I resolved the problem today. I bought a second fry trap and now everybody is happy again. :D

This older fry is a real hooligan! :evil:
But still he is a real favourite because he is so beautiful. It is the one with dots instead of stripes. First I thougt that it could be a stage, but now that I've seen him beside the other fry I know that it really has a different pattern.
I know what you are going to say. We want photos! Sorry, I still have to buy that digital camera :oops:
Tristan
Obsessed!!

Post by Tristan »

Glad that things are settling down with the hooligan in his own cell :) - hurry up and buy a camera :P
L046, L033, L117, L200, L027, L014, Discus, & malawis
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Cascudo,
You could always post a photograph to Rob !!!!!! :lol:
Des.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Hi Des, and there's a need for pictures in http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtop ... 9&start=45 ! :D
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi Cascudo,

Glad to see that you've sorted out the "hooligan". The only real solution was to segregate him. It would be nice to see a picture of the little fella as it sounds like he has an unusual pattern.