What Brand Test Kits??????

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

What Brand Test Kits??????

Post by DANthirty »

Hi everyone

I was just wondering if anybody had any preferances over what brand test kits that they use, as i have recently discovered that i was getting some conflicting readings between differant nitrate tests i used SERA, JBL,HAGEN.

Does anybody recommend any brands???

Thanks guys :)
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

Hi

I have used Hagen to good effect. They are competitively priced for the number of tests they provide, they appear to be pretty accurate and have a good shelf-life.

Cheers

Tom
DANthirty
Obsessed!!

Post by DANthirty »

Hi Tom2600

Hagen was the brand i used to use i bought the master test kit which cost me £40, but i have heard alot off people say how inaccurate they are so thats why im trying out differant brands :? :?
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Guys

I agree with Hagen, although, for a quick approach (not the most accurate, but points out the basics) There are the Esha 5 test strips. They test for Nitrates, Nitrites, kH, gH, pH.

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Des
Mentally Certified!

Post by Des »

Hi Danthirty,
I use the Esha test sticks which test 5 different parameters , ph, gh,kh,nitrate and nitrite and then also only as a guide ,but only when I perceive a problem.(1 sec in the water than wait 1 minute than match to panel). Or use them when I am testing the water that accompanies new fish.
If doing regular 20 to 30% weekly water changes, I find it unnecessary to keep testing for nitrate.
Regards,
Des.