Increasing Size of Spawn

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Increasing Size of Spawn

Post by Raul-7 »

Now that I got my colony to regularly spawn, I was wondering on how increase the size of the batch. It seems he is only gaurding 5 wrigglers. I know I haven't been feeding them as much as I used to, but is that all there is to it - food?

Previously, I used to rely heavily on bloodworms, but now that there are little fry in there I stopped and have reverted back to pellets. Interestingly, I believe pellets have more nutritional value than frozen, for the simple reason that the nutrients are actually bound and concentrated in the food source and thus are not as easily oxidized like frozen or fresh foods. Kind of like taking daily Vitamin tablets versus eating loads of fresh fruit and vegetable. :wink:

Thoughts?
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i thnk the same when it comes to foods! reason i started my thread thats gonna be below yours!

staple diet is a complete diet but like everything else there are foods that just taste better like frozen foods! humans need certain foods to be healthy but there are foods that just taste soo good and not all that healthy for you but you eat it anyways. i think whats best is a variety.