Are these bulldog zebras possibly???

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

tiger27924
Groupie

Are these bulldog zebras possibly???

Post by tiger27924 »

I'm not trying to start a problematic thread, but I was thinking about bidding on these zebras up for auction at Aquabid.com but wanted to make sure they weren't bulldog zebras...the noses just looked a little squashed to me, but as you can probably tell I'm new here and need some help identifying characteristics about zebras. Here is the link:

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/ ... 1162672612

Like I said, I just want honest opinions about the fish only, nothing else. I just want this to be an informative thread. Thanks to anyone who can help me!!! :D
Tony
tmh0324
Groupie

Post by tmh0324 »

Hello,

I am new, too.

But the one in the back looks like that...

Anyhow, I won't try to get them...for many reasons...
Just fall in love with zebra~~
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

the one in the left rear corner looks similar to the bulldog fry posted in the tacked thread above.
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Could be a young female... Although I am inclined to say that it looks to be a bullnose.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

Having seen plenty of pictures of young zebs on the internet I've quite often seen pics of ones that look like they have bullnose. Often the answer that comes back when I've questioned it is 'yes it does look like it in the picture but it's not'. The angle, water, glass or picture distorts the appearance...how true this is I do not know. I'd imagine in some cases this is a legitimate answer and in others it's not.

Just so you know that seller is a member here also.
tiger27924
Groupie

Post by tiger27924 »

Thanks everyone. I realized that this seller is a member here, but I wanted other opinions about the fish so as to eliminate any bias due to the motivation of wanting to sell them at a higher price. That is why I asked for opinions on the fish alone. If I'm going to fork over the money that zebras are now worth then I want to get the true quality of what I'm paying for, and therefore have decided not to participate in this auction due to the possiblity that these might indeed be bullnose. Thanks again to everyone for their opinions.
Tony
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i would ask the seller about the one and have him take pictures of the individuals that you are bidding on. im maybe ask for a the ones without the bullnose.

maybe even ask for c.o.d. or something to save the worries?