Sexes?

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
alfon76
Forum Follower

Sexes?

Post by alfon76 »

I just got these 2 gorgeous individuals and was wondering if the picture is good enough for ID. For some reason I have a feeling I have a pair but am basically wanting to believe that and have no proof of it.
What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,
Ivan

We all follow paths that lead us to our goal, but it is how we behave while on that path that dictates what kind of a person you are.
andrewcoxon
Mentally Certified!

Post by andrewcoxon »

alright mate,

the one on the right is 100% male

the smaller one on the left is either a young male or female, feed it up and it will be easier to tell!

sorry i cant be more conclusive - someone more experienced might be able to help you out better.

beautiful fish!

good luck
My Pleco's:
4 x L46
5 x L174
5 x L134
5 x L287
5 x L257
2 x L236
alfon76
Forum Follower

Post by alfon76 »

Thanks a lot. Hopefully the smaller one is a female then. If not, no boggie as they are still good looking fishes.

Ivan
We all follow paths that lead us to our goal, but it is how we behave while on that path that dictates what kind of a person you are.
Alistair
Obsessed!!

Post by Alistair »

I would agree with Andrew.

Get the well fed and fattened and post some new photos in a month or so's time.

Al.C
Miezekatze
Obsessed!!

Post by Miezekatze »

hi

i think this 2 are male...
Kind Regards
Christian

http://www.APSnet.de
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

My guess is two males
alfon76
Forum Follower

Post by alfon76 »

I guess 2 males it is. Seeing how males are so prevalent it appears pointless to try and get females, huh? It's not as if the sellers would sell them separately anyway.
Oh well, I will enjoy these guys anyway as they are simply incredible. Thanks for the replies all.

Ivan