Good Sized Zebras... Only Serious Inquiries Please.

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

cichlid_baby
Groupie

Good Sized Zebras... Only Serious Inquiries Please.

Post by cichlid_baby »

I want to premise this post with... THIS IS NOT A SCAM.... I have been following some of the recent posts pertaining to a particular person whom may have taken advantage of some of us hobbyists, and can only offer my apologies to those who fell victim to this crap.

You are welcome to come to the fishroom where they can be seen and purchased, but please do leave a few for me to keep...

Fishes are healthy and good sized. No 1 inch fishes here so you should expect that I will not reply to any silly offers... or comments about how your LFS has them for $29.99 each... Sorry.. there is not enough time in my day to deal with stuff and remarks like that.

For the rest... who are truly looking to obtain some of these fishes and are in a position to make a reasonable offer. Please send me a PM... for the others.. well.. I do also raise bristlenose plecos (ancistrus).

I will tell you this... If you snooze... you will lose on this bunch of fishes... so... please.. make me an offer I can't refuse... as I have a limited number of fishes left.

I would prefer local pick up but shipping within USA is possible if needed. I am a professional shipper with many years of experience in shipping fishes.

Here are some quick snap shots of the ones I still have available.

LMNO

Post by LMNO »

Sorry if this comes off sounding rude, but this question I have to ask. After reading the other thread about the other guy how do we know that you aren't try to scam us. Can someone vouch for you?
Again don't mean to be rude but i would like to know and I'm sure others would too. :)
But like you said don't snooze, if it's legit! :lol:
cichlid_baby
Groupie

Post by cichlid_baby »

There is a very simple answer to this question... but please don't take it the wrong way either...

I could point you to my username on Aquabid.. "cichlid_baby" where in the past I've done quite alot of fish shipping, and many more off-site transactions.

I could send you lists of all my previous fish customers... or.. better yet..

You could bring CASH and come to my fishroom... as the listing states above... and pick up your fishes...

...and I will even take a picture of you with your fishes so you can "vouch" for me in the future...

Just kidding on that last part.. unless of course you want a picture to prove to your buddies that you actually did make it and back from the frozen tundra.

What more could be easier than that?
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Sorry Cichlid_baby, you can understand why people are feeling uneasy around here with people selling zebs. As you read in another post, a seller on AB was selling zebs. He had good feedback from other items he sold, which were mostly documents. He then produced a story about his friend dying and was selling his friend's fish for him, actually for his wife. It all sounded legit, until several of the buyers never received their fish.

There is another thread on here regarding someone buying fish from Imer. He's a story on his own. LOL

Then you come in out of nowhere selling zebras, displaying nice fish. Imer and RetiredFishfarmer (seller on AB) also showed pics of the fish they were selling. I believe Iimer has a breeding stock of zebs as well, with lots of offspring. Unfortunately, he appears to not sell what he promises to sell.

Don't get me wrong. You may indeed be a legit seller, but with things just happening, it may be difficult for long time members of ZP to trust new members wanting to sell new fish.
cichlid_baby
Groupie

Post by cichlid_baby »

It's understood... and actually appreciated... Thanks!
lrry93
Obsessed!!

Post by lrry93 »

if your are legit I wish you would have shown up before I got scammed for $2,160. I would have bought some. I think I may never buy a Zeb online again!
Do you offer a C.O.D. option? Are these wild caught? Do you sex them? Good luck on your sale
gtp
Groupie

Post by gtp »

Personally if this person is saying you can pick up the fish yourself I would say they are legit. And BTW those Zebra's look in good health.
n00dl3
Obsessed!!

Post by n00dl3 »

What is your price for per fish?
lora
Groupie

Post by lora »

Your Zebra's look amazing. I wish I lived closer to you.
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

i had a pretty bad experience with internet sales too and from here on out its either c.o.d. or pickup only.

those look zebras look good!
cichlid_baby
Groupie

Post by cichlid_baby »

The problem with COD is that should anyone refuse the package upon delivery, then my poor zebras would have gone through all that, just to be return shipped back to me.. and the carriers will bill my shipping account twice for the shipping costs. I think that is too much to ask of me as I am trying to help others obtain some of these hard to find fishes. That's just my two cents...
eklikewhoa
Obsessed!!

Post by eklikewhoa »

how many do you have available and are you in possession of them or selling for someone? how long have you had them? how old are they?

how much are you asking for them per fish? how much for the whole lot that you plan to sell?
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

eklikewhoa wrote:how many do you have available and are you in possession of them or selling for someone? how long have you had them? how old are they?

how much are you asking for them per fish? how much for the whole lot that you plan to sell?
i am agree. by giving all this information, you can save time on replying all of the message asking about all this basic information over again and again.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

When I sold my group I found it a bit annoying that people asked what I wanted for them instead of giving me information about how much they were willing to pay.

As he states that you can come to his fish room then I would be much less suspicous of him them some others here ;)

Let's not drive potentially genuine sellers away by giving them too much negative feedback before we even give them a chanse. Maybe one of our members living close to him could go over to him and see for themselves, then giving feedback on this site?

Innocent until proven guilty?
TwoTankAmin

Post by TwoTankAmin »

Without being rude and asking how much, I also would like to know what size the fish are and how many and if they have been sexed? I can't go look because the distance is too severe but I can figure something out.

I do know is I would never make an offer to buy zebras fish without having the above information on which to base the amount I might offer for any or all of them.

Act in haste, repent at leisure :wink:
What makes the common person uncommon is common sense.