Ancistrus and livebearers

If you've got a breeding project on at the moment, (preferably fish related), let us know and you might even get added to the spawn list..whe....hey!

discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Ancistrus and livebearers

Post by discusbabe »

Not sure why I've not posted in here before now! :O I swap around my breeding as the mood takes me really, have bred discus, lots of livebearers, common ancistrus, several dwarf cichlids and a couple of killifish varieties.

Currently I am reducing the breeding activities as there is going to be a bit of movement in the tanks but am glad to say that I've had my first spawn of long finned ancistrus this week which seems small but healthy! :D

I tend to keep fish in mixed groups in the hope that in the future they may find a mate and then they're moved into a breeding tank, with this in mind I have a trio of L129's, a pair of L66's, a trio of long finned ancistrus but solid dark brown rather than the mottled variety, albino long finned ancistrus, starlight ancistrus, claro's ancistrus and of course the zebras! :P That's just the plecs of course which are what I concentrate on these days.