Any zebras for sale???

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

rhino
Obsessed!!

Post by rhino »

McEve wrote:
rhino wrote:What worries me is this person obviously knew all about zebs and is most likely a member of this forum!
Hold your horses. It's obuiously a seasoned conman we're talking about, but the story doesn't get any "better" by adding speculations. That's what you do when you want to create a mob - add a guess or two, a speculation or two. suddenly everybody believes it and accepts it as facts.

Keep to the facts you know and you won't end up in a blind alley, or we all start scowling at eachother. :roll:
I'm not pointing fingers. As you say he's a seasoned conman who has done his homework. What better place to round up information on potential zebra pleco customers than zebraplaco.com. I just meant it as a warning to be more careful about whom you do business with. Before buying, check with well known others here to see the validity of the salesman’s claims. This won’t always work but it sure as hell cant hurt. I meant no disrespect to any members of this forum.
Bobby
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

McEve wrote:
It's not as easy as it sounds to bring up Zebras.... At the moment I trust nobody but me (and Rob, Adam and Barbie) to bring up healthy zebras to the age of 1 year

I'm sorry for saying this. :(
I would say what alternative do people have?

This site is generating interest, which is a good thing, but the level of trust when dealing with this fish is at an all time low.

IMO, it is right to commend people who have had good dealings when purchasing this fish, but the opposite should apply as well, and when people are ripped off what better way than to combine efforts to prevent it happening again.

Dave
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Re: Hi

Post by McEve »

dave wrote:
McEve wrote:
It's not as easy as it sounds to bring up Zebras.... At the moment I trust nobody but me (and Rob, Adam and Barbie) to bring up healthy zebras to the age of 1 year

I would say what alternative do people have?

This site is generating interest, which is a good thing, but the level of trust when dealing with this fish is at an all time low.

IMO, it is right to commend people who have had good dealings when purchasing this fish, but the opposite should apply as well, and when people are ripped off what better way than to combine efforts to prevent it happening again.

Dave
And this has what to do with speculations about this person...? You're a master at stirring things up Dave :roll:
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

McEve wrote:

Too bad you feel this way. I'm sure you and a few others started off having problems and have learned through other experienced people on how to bring up healthy zebs. How about issues with fry dying? I'm sure experienced or not, both have had issues.

The problem is, with that kind of thinking, you would start gaining a monopoly on selling zebras. Those who legitimately sell and raise healthy zebras have no chance, but to give up the hobby. Thus maybe selling them to a person NOT qualified to raise healthy zebras and may stick all of the 20 or more they accumulated into a 10 gallon tank.
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

crazie.eddie wrote:
McEve wrote:

Too bad you feel this way.
I no longer feel like that. Dig deep into the archive and you'll see I've changed my mind on several issues as I've learned and read and experienced on this site, from myself, but also from others.
dave
Obsessed!!

Hi

Post by dave »

Hi, hardly stirring things up, just stating an opinion.

And if your opinion McEve has changed since the 2 September, I'm glad, but I was unaware of this and I apologise.

And while my views are sometimes at odds with other peoples opinions, and I can be outspoken, if threads I get involved in are locked, so be it.

But where there is a wrong doing, or enough people feel strongly enough I feel that the views should be aired, even to the point when there have been personal attacks on myself, I asked Rob not to edit them.

Dave
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

I apoligize too. I just saw the last statement and commented on it.
cichlid_baby
Groupie

Post by cichlid_baby »

Reading this... is sickening... what really sucks is that I do have alot of these fishes here in my fishroom and would love to be able to sell them but I'm thinking about requiring local pick-up only... just too much drama going on lately.. this guy has ruined it for the rest of us... maybe I will just wait til they get much bigger before I divide the groups up.
alfon76
Forum Follower

Post by alfon76 »

Sorry guys but I am a bit lost. What happened here that got everyone off the topic of the scam and about raising babies and stuff?
I would love to understand if all this has anything to do with the situation at hand. If not, nevermind.

Ivan
We all follow paths that lead us to our goal, but it is how we behave while on that path that dictates what kind of a person you are.
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

The first page really tells it all. The original poster was looking for zebs. Another person provides an Aquabid post. More people on this forum also bought zebs from the same guy and they later discover that it was a scam, which is what majority of the replies consist of.
alfon76
Forum Follower

Post by alfon76 »

Yeah, I thought that was what it was about to beging with since I am one of the scammed ones but then it spiraled into discussion of keeping baby Zebras alive and stuff. Actually, don't mind me bringing it up.

Ivan
We all follow paths that lead us to our goal, but it is how we behave while on that path that dictates what kind of a person you are.
madmoroccan
Obsessed!!

Post by madmoroccan »

Hi everbody,

Firstly my condolences to those who lost money... In hindsight the right thing to do is obvious. Not so transparent at the time... So, don't feel bad about about bieng conned. Take action!

As for the discussion surrounding deaths of baby zebras, who gives a monkeys? Why do some people think they know everything? I don't care if you are doctor doolittle, if a fish is going to die then IT IS GOING TO DIE. Experience teaches you better care and puts a good routine in place, that doesn't mean you are god or better than those around you.

End of rant.

Again my feelings are with those who have lost their money, nobody deserves that. That is all.
[img]http://www.geocities.com/madmoroccan/zebcam.jpg[/img]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

madmoroccan wrote: As for the discussion surrounding deaths of baby zebras, who gives a monkeys? Why do some people think they know everything?
There never was a discussion surrounding babies dying. Dave referred to a comment given by me given about raising a Zebra til the age of one year old without it having any deformites, which is not easy at all.

It was nevertheless off topic. The topic here is the scamming of quite a few indiduals.

Back to topic please.