L236 die...

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
chanettt
Obsessed!!

L236 die...

Post by chanettt »

i just bought it 2 day agos and didn't check the fish since yesterday.

he is around 1.5 inches. i put him in 3 feet tank with driftwoods and slates. (same tank with my L46)

today i found out that it dead already and not because of stucking in the wood or anything.

all the other zebras are fine.

is that possible that L46 kill L236? i saw the little L46 chasing L236 into the area that dominate male stay and never came out since.

i don't think it's because of the water condition because the rest are fine. food are provide like usual.

or are they any other possibility?
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

Sorry to hear about the fish. Maybe the water parameters of the L236 were different from the parameters of your tank with the L46. How did you acclimate the L236?
chanettt
Obsessed!!

Post by chanettt »

i put it in the tank and it looks fine for the first day. can it be the water parameter?
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

That would be hard to guesstimate without knowing what the parameters are. You should ALWAYS quarantine new fish before you add them to an existing system. The risk you take of killing the fish already in there with a bacterial or viral issue is definitely not worth it, IMO.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
crazie.eddie
Obsessed!!

Post by crazie.eddie »

I agree with Barbie.

Best way is to QT new fish for several weeks, especially if they are obtained from the wild. Then acclimate it through a slow drip process, which is best, to your tanks if you know the tank parameters are different.

You also need to make sure you check the health of the fish that you buy, by observing it for awhile or at best, several visits.