Hello, and a small question !

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Stræde

Hello, and a small question !

Post by Stræde »

Hey All ....
Well I dont have any zebras, and with todays prices I´m not in a hurry getting them, so I´m just playing around with my youth groups of L-270 and L-162 for now.

Now for the question, how old can zebras get, and how long do they stay fertile ? I have read abouth a 13 year old zebra, but what is your experience ?

Reason for this question is that I know of a person that have a rather lage group of zebras, males and females which have never spawned, but they are rather old, more than 7-8 years, he wont sell them to me, because he thinks that they are to old.
If the general opinion is that they are not, I would try to convince him !

With Cristmas greetings
Stræde
Adam

Post by Adam »

Hi and welcome to the forum Stræde.

Have a read of this thread:

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=194

Now go and twist that persons arm for the zebras, if you need any back up just give me a shout. :lol:
Stræde

Post by Stræde »

Thanks !
Strange that the search didnt come up with that string, but then again the answer depends on the question.

Stræde
Tom2600
Obsessed!!

Post by Tom2600 »

From what I have read, Zebras can breed well past 7-8 years old. It sounds like an excuse from your friend. I bet he just doesn't want to get rid of them. :wink:

Regards

Tom