Grindal worms- what age zebras?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

astronotus
Forum Follower

Grindal worms- what age zebras?

Post by astronotus »

Hi,

I have a few grindal worm cultures on the go at all times for other fish (dwarf puffers mainly).

I've searched and found a couple of posts where people have fed zebras on grindals, but I was wondering what kind of age/size the zebras would stop accepting them if at all.

I'm reluctant to just try and see unless nobody has an answer as it will foul up my water if my 1" zebras won't take them :(

If the grindals are too small does anybody feed whiteworm instead? I'd rather feed a cultured food as although they loved live bloodworm I don't trust that as a food source and they won't be getting it again now they are settling in more. It's also easier to gutload cultured foods to ensure the zebras have a healthy balanced diet.

Hope somebody can help.
Thanks,
Paul.
Andrew C
Obsessed!!

Post by Andrew C »

I have fed my zebras whiteworms and they loved it, it's only food i've seen them eat right away.
But I stopped feeding whiteworms as i ended up introducing plannarians into the tanks as well, harmless but not a nice sight, and i am still trying to get rid of them !

Grindal worms sound a better size of worm for a 1 inch fish, unless you chop up the white worms to a smaller size before feeding.

Just start with a few a time to see if they take it, if they don't, sypthon the worms out, as i have read of other members zebras ignoring the worms they tried.