re-post, New baby-->dead baby

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

AndyAps.com
Obsessed!!

re-post, New baby-->dead baby

Post by AndyAps.com »

before the "reboot" of the site i posted regarding how i found/noticed a baby zeb (about 30 days old) which was from a previous (thought to be unsuccesful spawn). the baby looked quite skinny so i fed smaller foods for a day and then transfered it to a smaller breeder tank within the main tank so i could target feed him. The breeder was placed infront of a filter outlet to ensure water turnover and uneaten food was syphoned out.
i fed ZM300 and ZM100. Initially the baby got a lil fatter but then on sunday morning when i went to the tank its stomach was pinched and it was dead :cry: :cry: :cry: :shock:
i wish i had left it with the adults now as it must have been doing well enough to last 30 days.
..........gutted..................
success is a journey full of unbelievable experiance NOT a destination with an unbelievable experiance.
zebra_man
Groupie

Post by zebra_man »

sorry to hear that! atleast you tried to give it a shot at life! :cry: :cry:
discusbabe
Obsessed!!

Post by discusbabe »

So sorry to hear you lost the little fellow! :( RIP little zeb!
NetsuaiAngel
Obsessed!!

Post by NetsuaiAngel »

*hugs*

You did the best you could. I'm sorry for your loss. :(

- Angela
astronotus
Forum Follower

Post by astronotus »

Sorry to hear that. Can understand why you're gutted, but try not to beat yourself up about it- it isn't your fault.

It sounds like it was struggling anyway, I'm sure if you'd left it you would have just been beating yourself up about why you didn't try seperating it to target feed :(

Paul