Fighting... is it normal?

If it's about fish in general, or it's a little bit random, then this is the place to post it.
ivanpantz

Fighting... is it normal?

Post by ivanpantz »

Hello.

First of all, congratulations for the Forum... its great.
Yet, I tried to search for something related to my question and found nothing (I believe it's a good sign for the rest of you).

I have a 60 liter tank, in which I intend to reproduce (at least try) L260 - Queen Arabesque. I have a female (I believe, white belly) for about 1,5 years in my possession. Today I bought a male (stripped belly), and first thing when the lights turned off, they started fighting eachother. Circling eachother, trying to "bite" the one another...

I think it's important to say that they're not alone in the tank. I have also this fishes: L01, L14, L47, L27, L177 and L200. These fishes will go to another tank, but right they'll have to stay here. And I intend to get at least 4 more L260.
As you can see, I never crossed individuals of the same "family" (ancistrus, baryancistrus, hypancistrus, etc...) in this aquarium, so I never saw them fighting (only for food or territory).

So my question is: Is this normal? They're calmer now... but I would like to know if it's normal.

Thank you very much for your answers.

My best regards.
Luís Fortunato
www.one.org