Move the male or the female?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Move the male or the female?

Post by CDNAqua »

Hi Zebheads,

Wanted to get some of your opinions on the subject?

I want to add to the gene pool by gettting a female Zeb to breed with different males. I understand moving them around can delay things as I have noticed. :(

The Tank with female has a few smaller males present who have yet to hold a cave for any length of time.

Having a few tanks with males all set up in their caves.
Would you move the female to a males tank??? or bring the male cave in all (removable cave) to the tank with female?

What ya all think?

Peace

Troy
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I would move the female to the males tank. They're all settled, just waiting for a lady to happen past ;)

I'm trying to reason as the way I believe it would happen in nature...
nesolb
Obsessed!!

Post by nesolb »

I agree with McEve on this one, move the female to the males tank.
I understand moving them around can delay things as I have noticed.

I've recently moved all my zebs into another tank and, theoretically, I was due another spawn in mid June; i.e now. I was worried that by moving then from tank to tank they may need to settle in before spawning again. I checked the caves today and I've got a male guarding. :)
CDNAqua
Obsessed!!

Agreed

Post by CDNAqua »

Thanks for the Input guys.

Good point McEve made about how a Male would wait in the wild. Waiting for a female to pass by, hoping his fancy tail wagging catches her eye!

Troy
blueblue
Obsessed!!

Re: Agreed

Post by blueblue »

CDNAqua wrote:Thanks for the Input guys.

Good point McEve made about how a Male would wait in the wild. Waiting for a female to pass by, hoping his fancy tail wagging catches her eye!

Troy
Looking forward to the good news from your zebra!! :D