Leucistic baby zebra?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

inia
Groupie

Leucistic baby zebra?

Post by inia »

Today I feed my fish and sit down to look at my baby zebras, there are two litters and they are freely raised up by their dad, and are in this same tank.

Baby zebs come out from their hiding places to eat, when I noticed a light colored baby zebra. First I tought that some terrible disease has arrived in my tank, or that little fellow has been in a fight, but he/she looks normal, healthy and lively. His/her stripes are lighter than usually. Eyes are normal, black. Stripes in his/her tail and fins are also light in colour, like grey or maybe brown. He/she is amaizing! I try to take a picture of this weird baby. He/she is now about two months old. His sisters/brothers are normal, black striped.

Now when I begin to think, I remember I've seen him/her before, but never got a close look, maybe thought that baby has fought with my adults or something... But he/she has only light stripes, no black stripes at all!
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Sounds really interesting. I wouldn't have a clue about why it happened, but I'd love to see a picture of it!
inia
Groupie

Post by inia »

Here he/she is: