from the wild!

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

zebra_man
Groupie

from the wild!

Post by zebra_man »

Does anyone have any pics of these creatures in the wild? because id love to set up an aquarium that resembles their natural environment! I'm new to ZP and love to do it correct the first time. :D
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a picture from the wild. They're such shy fish, I'd be very surprised if they were that easy to spot! I've just read what I can about the river Xingu, and the info from this site and Planet Catfish and did my best to create a good flow (as would be in the Xingu) and good hiding places, etc, and they seem to love it. I also provide a little bogwood as they do seem to chew the wood a little - I think it provides fibre in their diet...
zebra_man
Groupie

Post by zebra_man »

Thanks

My plans as follows would be to somehow find me a male and a female and if passable get me two males and place them in a hex tank (not shore on tank though) and boost the stocks.

As I know breeding these guys aren’t the easiest some I am going to get some experience with some other plecos and once ive found some ZP they are MINE!