Feeding my new baby

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

gringa_54
Forum Follower

Feeding my new baby

Post by gringa_54 »

Okay so my only question really is what should I be feeding my zeb baby? So far I have been feeding frozen baby brine shrimp (i am thinking of changing to regular brine shrimp) and just the other day I cut up some live blood worms fed that, now for the time being, since he is so tiny he is in a breeder net with 2 other baby plecs I got, a L201 and L262, all under an inch...basically what is the best thing i should be feeding?
Plastic Mac
Mentally Certified!

Post by Plastic Mac »

I wouldn't use bloodworm on such a small zebra..even if it's chopped. There have been reports of zebs choking to death on bloodworm...although whole ones...but I'd still not take the risk with chopped ones just in case one piece is too big for it.

I'd use cylops, daphnia, brine shrimp, red plankton etc...and some dry baby food.
gringa_54
Forum Follower

Post by gringa_54 »

cool I am going to look into the red plankton and brine shrimp....

another small question, they are in my 29 bright now in the breeder net, and in the tank itself I have threadfin rainbows, neons, and a pair of apistos, and a calvus. now using the red plankton wouldn't be harmful to any of my other fish would it?
Dale90g
Groupie

Post by Dale90g »

I've been using baby brine shrimp and microworms with pretty good results so far, but I would like to give a more varied diet. There was another thread on this topic you might want to give a look - Feeding and Raising Zebra Fry.
Dale
gringa_54
Forum Follower

Post by gringa_54 »

Dale90g wrote:There was another thread on this topic you might want to give a look - Feeding and Raising Zebra Fry.
I am going to look for it...Thanks