chlorine removal

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

i have declorinator i dont have much
Thebuddy is planning his tank
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

Jenny wrote:Don't be too hard on The Buddy, we all started out as some stage. I am sure we have all made mistakes and, I am just pleased that he is questioning everything to ensure he gets it right.
Everybody has gone very easy on thebuddy for the past two months, when the first complaints started coming in. But when he starts making statements that could be potentially dangerous for new readers, that's when it's time to stop going easy on him. I'm sorry if you find this a bit harsh, but we really need to try to keep the quality of the info found on this forum above a certain level.
madmoroccan wrote:I knew full well that Barbie wasn't refering to me. The reason I mentioned it was because thebuddy and I don't always see eye to eye, and thought it provoke some thought for those that did complain about thebuddy.

And I'll bet those that did complain about thebuddy are a lot more "mature" and "older" than me? It sound like you're having a go at me because I am defending the buddy... Is this true?
Look at your post. First you say you're having a go at those complaining about thebuddy, then you ask me if I'm having a go at you. Please understand that the mods role is to try and keep the discussions on this forum at a civilized manners, without resorting to personal attacks.

In this matter you have violated the rules for this forum several times, and seem to be rather eager to hang onto anything that might slightly resemble an attack on you. I'm sorry you feel that way.

I was informing you that the statement wasn't directed at you, as I interpreted your reply as you might have thought so, simply to avoid any misunderstandings.

In general I think it's time for all to go read the rules Rob has set down for the use of this forum. For those that does not know where they are, here's a link:

http://www.zebrapleco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=732

About cloramine and chlorine. Chloramine is much more dangerous than chlorine. My tapwater contains chlorine, and I only use a water conditioner if I have a sick or injured fish in quarantine, as they are extra vulnerable. Else I don't use it. And my fish live well, are healthy and spawning. Maybe you you should consider being less bombastic ;)