You should hope to get this opportunity!

Pretty much explains itself really. If you have questions about tank set-ups, tank furniture, (caves etc) chuck them in here!

october004
Groupie

You should hope to get this opportunity!

Post by october004 »

I don't know if this is the right place to put this post or not but I am sure Rob will move it if I am wrong. This last week I had the great opportunity to visit aqua58. His setup is amazing and he has this down to an art. His zebs are cycling every 32 days. I saw the fry and the dates. I tell you what I was honored that he would let me see his set-up and if you could ever get the same opportunity I would pay money if you have to! I just wanted to say thanks to aqua58 and tell everyone that wants to be a breeder that he is definately a guy you want to know!
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Post by jerms55555 »

Can you explain how he went about doing it? Did you happen to bust a james bond and take a few snap shots....lol......WOW every 32 days!! Whats the tank size and how many pairs does he have breeding for him?
october004
Groupie

Post by october004 »

I told him that I would let people talk to him and he would give out what he wanted to but like I said I would get to know this guy he's for real!
Raul-7
Obsessed!!

Post by Raul-7 »

october004 wrote:I told him that I would let people talk to him and he would give out what he wanted to but like I said I would get to know this guy he's for real!
Yes, but how can we when most of us don't live in SD and he hasn't posted on this forum even though he is a member. Does he have a website? E-mail?

Can you explain his breeding tanks in detail; substrate, circulation, filtiration, lighting, etc.?
Andyt.
Groupie

I'd sure like to know more about his setup!

Post by Andyt. »

don't tease us like this!
Our problem is not that the world lacks magic. Our problem is that we don't believe in its magic.
~Marianne Williamson
october004
Groupie

Post by october004 »

guys ok let me get this straight I did not post this to dangle something in your face. I posted it so you could take the intiative to contact him either email or pm because he has a wealth of knowledge! He is a great guy email and see what happens.
HighFive
Forum Follower

Post by HighFive »

I have to agree with your observations as I too have had the pleasure meeting both him and his wife. A wealth of knowledge and the cleanest setup that I've seen overall. He indeed does have it down to a science is what I say. He has been my tutor in acquiring the thorough knowledge and understanding that so many here have. I also like to view the postings and have not replied much but let me say that this forum has been a great insight. Yet by comparing what he does with his setups and how many others' setup does in fact make a huge difference. Anyone can actually send him a private message and I know that he would be glad to reply to many member's questions.

Marc
HighFive
Forum Follower

Re: I'd sure like to know more about his setup!

Post by HighFive »

Andyt. wrote:don't tease us like this!
Andy;

It's literally not teasing, send him a private message and tell him that October004 and Marc referred you. He usually has spawns going on a monthly basis and all his specimens are extremely active and healthy.

Marc
Andyt.
Groupie

Right!

Post by Andyt. »

Thank you HighFive and October2004; I have taken your advice and emailed him!
Our problem is not that the world lacks magic. Our problem is that we don't believe in its magic.
~Marianne Williamson
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

sounds intresting since a few of us dont live there or are kids care to share some of his technics you might have learned (what equipment he uses, what food he feeds fry, how many zebs he actuly has ect ect)
Thebuddy is planning his tank
october004
Groupie

Post by october004 »

hey buddy doesn't matter the age you can email him to!
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

actuly it does my parents dont let me use there email >_>
Frontyking
Obsessed!!

Post by Frontyking »

thebuddy wrote:actuly it does my parents dont let me use there email >_>
So set up a hotmail account or something web based
[url=http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=doctorze]Vote for zebrapleco.com here[/url]
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

Frontyking wrote:
thebuddy wrote:actuly it does my parents dont let me use there email >_>
So set up a hotmail account or something web based
same awnser >_>
october004
Groupie

Post by october004 »

well buddy why not just pm him on zebra pleco. That is what it is here for and I would think that your parents wouldn't see it as any different than you posting on the forum.