Tank lid

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

19wiggles86
Groupie

Tank lid

Post by 19wiggles86 »

Hi everyone

Just wondered if you could help us. A couple of months ago we bought a Fluval Duo Deep 1000 off the internet and had it delivered to us. We filled the tank up but it started leaking :( . We rang the company we bought it off and they said that they would see what they could do. They rang Fluval and Fluval said that they didn't want the tank back as it was too much hassle. So the shop didn't want it back either but they sent us a new tank (just the glass tank, no extras) so now we are left with the other tank (which we have fixed with silicone and no longer leaks :D ). We want to use this tank but we don't have either a lid or a stand. The stands aren't too hard to get but getting a new lid is proving to be impossible. We have tried LFS's but they can't get them and we have tried going direct to Fluval but they don't sell spares so we're a little bit stuck. Obviously we're over the moon that we got a free tank, but we can't really use it yet!

Can anyone help us?

Thanks

PS Sorry for the long post!
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

I use glass tops on most of my tanks. Just take the dimensions of the inside frame to a glass shop and have them cut you two pieces that fit that space. A good glass shop can even do cutouts around where your filters need to go. This is provided that the tank has the same type of "lip" in the framing at the top. Having never seen one of the tanks you're talking about I may not be helping much ;).

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
19wiggles86
Groupie

Post by 19wiggles86 »

Hi Barbie

Thanks for the idea I never thought of that. However, for the particular tank in question it doesn't have any glass lips on the inside, its just vertical glass. I think its made by Hagen, and the vertical lid edges go on the outside of the glass (if that makes any sense), with the main bulk sitting on top. Like the aquarium goes into the lid.
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

Hi Wiggles

What are the dimensions of the tank?

Rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
19wiggles86
Groupie

Post by 19wiggles86 »

100cm long 30cm deep and 45cm deep. However, I did measure these just now very roughly with a ruler and torch.Ididn't turn the fish room light on as my male ancistrus has the female trapped in his cave. So, these vaues are very approximate.
19wiggles86
Groupie

Post by 19wiggles86 »

sorry that should have been 30 cm wide :oops:
zebrastorey
Obsessed!!

Post by zebrastorey »

You could try doing what my sister did she rang maidenhead aqautics and said she wanted the fluval 100cm tank but just on its own as hers had 'cracked' :roll: and so they did a deal just on the tank which the shouldn't have done. You never know your luck you could say yours doesn't work and see if you can get a new one. :twisted:
thebuddy
Obsessed!!

Post by thebuddy »

do what i did i had a realy bad cover so i went and bought a new light and it came with a hood (just make sure it says it does dont want to go buying one and not get what ye realy wanted)
you can also try ebay which is alwas a good place to look i find alot of stuff there at a fractoin of its real value

PS no deleting this is helpful
Thebuddy is planning his tank