For those in US

If you are a private seller, then why not give this a shot? It's free and might even have some of those zebra thingies! You can also post requests for exchanging or loaning fish. Please refrain from posting opinions or irrelevancies in this section.

Zebrapleco.com can not take ANY responsibility for items advertised or sold in this section as they are free classifieds. Members not following the Forum Rules however will have their Posts deleted.

McEve
Hypan-guru!

For those in US

Post by McEve »

www.riverwonders.com just got a shipment of over 100 Zebras

Too far away for me though :roll:

Disclaimer:
I have never bought anything from this store, so I do not know how good this shop is.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Make sure you read around and check with the better business bureau before placing an order with this or any company. There are huge liability issues for us in the US with discussing problems that you've read about on other boards, or even opinions, so most places have been deleting the threads. As long as you do your own research privately, there is no liability.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I don't understand this answer. Are you saying that this board can be sued because I said I didn't know how good the shop is? Or are you warning other members that they must not discuss this or any other shop, as this board might get sued? Or what...?

If you meant any of the above, in how many countries in the world can a board fear being sued for discussing how good or bad a shop is? I can think of only one if this is indeed what you mean.

I would think Rob's board would be pretty safe anyway, as it's not in the US.
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Rob would be pretty safe, I, on the other hand, would not. I was recommending doing some research and getting references from this particular vendor before purchasing anything, as I've read a few posts that would make me think twice, personally. Usually I'm not the slightest bit worried about liability, but in this instance, I know of 2 boards that have removed posts involving this vendor and I've not actually asked why, sooo.... Just checking into it thoroughly before you order can never be a bad thing.

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Pete
Obsessed!!

Post by Pete »

I think I can safely say this much...

From my personal research, I decided that there was no way I was personally willing to place an order with these people.
It's not an illusion, it just looks like one.
urchysj

Careful!

Post by urchysj »

McEve..I tried to PM you, but something is not working right and I can't Log in...it won't take my password and says my email belongs to someone else???

Anyway, I bought 7 Zebra plecos, and like Barbie said, I relayed my experience with this company to others on another forum. Put it this way, my story was removed by the Moderator. What does this tell you? (It means I did not have a very good transaction...OOPPS..did I say that? SHhhh.)
Adam

Post by Adam »

I had wondered about this company as I see a lot of their ads on the net, now I know.

Post by Guest »

This is hilarious. Has the WTO weighed in on this yet or what?

SKA SUCKS!
and by ska I mean ... something ... else.
Prune Tracy
Forum Follower

Post by Prune Tracy »

Oops, did I say that out loud?

So glad to live in a country where you can speak freely ... except when speaking freely about substandard businesses, in which case we are free to quickly revert to old world libel-law.

*Hums God Bless America while stitching his lips shut*
jerms55555
Obsessed!!

Got 2

Post by jerms55555 »

I actually purchased two zebras back in April.....and all i have to say is I didn't recieve them until the ending of July after many emails and phone calls!!! But it only took them two days to charge my credit card!!! :evil:
I was being very cool with them because i was afraid of them ripping me off and told them to throw in another zebra for free due to the long wait :wink: They didn't, but gave me a candy strip pleco for free.....who knew??
Anyways, they came in at around 2 inches and were very nice and plumped and are doing fine.
So buy at your own risk.....and if you don't get it , unleash hell and you might get a free pleco!! :lol:
sharko
Groupie

Post by sharko »

First of all, the lines below has been posted on their website over 6 months,
When you email them about this they are very sorry but they haven’t got anymore left. :roll:
If they do not have any left, they should say so, and not make it look like they do. That's bad for business , everybody knows that. 8)

They have set a price of 199 dollars(the before price), but now only 115,Bullshit!!

The price they had before was 89 dollars

"After our recent successful Amazon expedition, we have several hundred in stock and are happy to announce a limited time Sale! Stock going Fast!"

This company is a joke.
Visit my home page and sign my guestbook:)
McEve
Hypan-guru!

Post by McEve »

I made an inquiry to them about Zebras about a year ago. They then said they didn't have any at the moment.

11'th of Nov. I recieved a mail from them informing me they now have them in stock.

Makes me wonder if they were doing a bit of "fishing" if the page hasen't been updated for 6 months.... :shock:
wandj
Obsessed!!

Post by wandj »

All I can say is, is the reason they wait at least 30 days to send you the fish, is that you have no protection from Paypal anymore. (If my mouth is too big Rob, you can remove this post because my posts in the US are removed when I speak of this company.)
Afer 2 attempts and over US$1000 later, I finally got my 7 fish. Way too small (not 2.5" as advertised) and had to wait an extra 32 days. As you can see, I got them 2 days past the Paypal deadline. Paypal only lets you claim if you report in 30 days or less. This compay will never send you your fish in less than 30 days because as I've experienced, I had one shipmenst of DOA's and had to pay extra for a re-shipment...and all were babies. I hope I have not revealed too much, but if I have, Rob can edit. It is my OPINION that this is a terrible company. In my OPINION, the owner was kinda nasty to me when I told him all my fish ended up dead. (Called me a liar, yadda yadda yadda.) So BUYER BEWARE!! (You American forum followers will recognize me now after that line...if you read my post before it was removed on other forums)
Happy holidays everyone and I hope all your stockings are filled with little bags of healthy ZEBRAS!!
DasArab
Obsessed!!

Post by DasArab »

Thats a terrible way to do business!!!!!!!!!

I dont think rob will remove your post as long as your stating the facts.
Adam

Post by Adam »

It's worrying to see businesses that operate in this way. My sympathies go to those who have had the misfortune of being duped into making purchases.

I notice that they are currently advertising the sale of blue eyed plecs, I wonder how long they would make you wait for those.