Will it work for me too?

Everything you ever wanted to say about "Zebra luvin", but didn't because you thought everyone would take the mickey! Plus general topics for discussion including everything from what you feed them to your personal experiences.

Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Will it work for me too?

Post by Mindy »

I have to shoot off home to the states for a week or so due to a family crisis. Very short notice. What this means is I will have to abandon my Zebra (et. al.) tank for the first time ever...

Whenever anyone else goes away, they come back to spawns. I wonder if it'll work for me too!! My partner is staying behind and will be able to keep an eye on things, but he knows NOTHING about the tanks, nor what to do if anything went wrong. So I will give him minimal instructions. Feed every couple days or something. Nothing else...

Let's hope the "charm of abandonment" works for me too! :wink:
Barbie

Post by Barbie »

Good luck with that Mindy! I know mine finally spawned when I left to get married and go on our honeymoon. Guess me being so busy that I had to leave them alone paid off in the end ;). Hopefully your trip will go well!

Barbie
[url=http://www.plecos.com][img]http://plecos.com/plecosbanner.gif[/img][/url]
Tariq
Obsessed!!

Post by Tariq »

last year mine also spawned when i didnt give proper attention to the tank,now i am doing everything and i see still no kiddies. :D
- 10Xadult L-46(4males, 6females)+fry
- 10Xyoung L-46(4-5 cm)
- 5Xyoung L-46(3,5 cm)
-22XDiscus(7breedingpairs)
-1xl260
-20Xcorysterbai
Mindy
Mentally Certified!

Post by Mindy »

Mine have spawned once and there are four little'uns in the tank now as a result of that. But nothing since, despite my very fat females pestering my alpha male again. I will do some good water changes, and clean out the filter (to make myself feel better in the knowledge that it might not clog or anything while I'm gone) and then leave 'em to their own defences! Fingers crossed!