Help, 3 fish to identify

We all know how difficult it is to identify the sex of these fish, so please post a picture in here and we'll try to help you (or at least give an educated guess!).
kohaku712

Help, 3 fish to identify

Post by kohaku712 »

hi can u guys help me identify if its male or female. I tried and i think 1+2 are males and 3 is female.

zeb1

zeb 2

zeb3

thx in advance guys
zebra046
Obsessed!!

Post by zebra046 »

welcome to the forum kokaho from the looks of it you have a ready to breed trio 1 Female, 2 male, 3 female

Congrat :ulations :lol:
onemisterchristian
Forum Follower

Post by onemisterchristian »

zebra046 wrote:welcome to the forum kokaho from the looks of it you have a ready to breed trio 1 Female, 2 male, 3 female

Congrat :ulations :lol:
woohoo, that's what I was thinking as well, but don't take my advice I am a newly found lover of the zebras... :D
Rob
Hypan-guru!

Post by Rob »

I agree :D .

What size is fish number 1 however tas there is a slight chance that it could be a young male.

rob
The perfect white lie..."Of course I didn't pay that much for the fish honey"
Alistair
Obsessed!!

Post by Alistair »

I agree with Rob, I think number 1 could be a young male, the leading spine on the pec fin looks quite thick but the photo does not elaborate on wether or not he/she has spines. I got caught out with one like this a few years ago!
kohaku712

Post by kohaku712 »

thx guys for ur reply, my 3 fish are about 2.5 inches. all they do is sit in one spot in the tank, is this normal?
Alistair
Obsessed!!

Post by Alistair »

what sort of furnishings do you have in the tank, eg caves, wood, plants etc, what colour is the gravel (if any), how bright is your lighting? Don't forget theses fish are mainley nocturnal in the wild and are used to lots of rock caves to hide in as well. Have a look on the rest of the site for the ideas of set ups. Alternativaley have you checked the condition of the water, ie pH, Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate?